Karma firmware update coming soon

Posted by: rob

Karma firmware update coming soon - 03/10/2003 04:49

Faster UI, faster Ethernet, miscellaneous fixes and an updated RMML JAR. Should be online in a few days or so (v1.11).

Rob
Posted by: Chimaera

Re: Karma firmware update coming soon - 07/10/2003 15:13

Just incase anyone has missed it, it is on the RioAudio site now, I downloaded it and it installed fine.

When I checked the site to see if it was there I went back to RMM and did a check for updates, and it claimed there was none available, so does that only check for RMM updates?
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Karma firmware update coming soon - 07/10/2003 15:52

They are doing a phased roll-out of the new firmware. It will not appear as "visible" to all serial numbers through the auto-update feature right away. The idea is to let a subset of the owners download the update, then check back with the support lines in a couple days and see if they got calls on it. If all looks good, then they allow all serial numbers to get the auto- update.

As you've discovered, if you're anxious to get the update right away, it's still downloadable.
Posted by: nanook

Re: Karma firmware update coming soon - 07/10/2003 15:54

It was released to the server this morning but it appears that the floodgates won't open until tomorrow.

A few people might get it today if they try upgrading through RMM.
Posted by: matthew_k

Re: Karma firmware update coming soon - 07/10/2003 16:40

Just to point out, they "stole" this idea from the ReplayTV people, who have always done this. Or at least, they're the only other company I've seen do this. I'm anxiously awaiting my 5.1 update for my replay...

Matthew
Posted by: tman

Re: Karma firmware update coming soon - 07/10/2003 16:44

My Tivo has always done this as well. They released the newer firmware initially for a small number of users and after a few weeks they released it for all.
So "stole" is a bit of a harsh word I'd say. It's just a good idea to do this but I wouldn't say it was a particularly unique idea.
Posted by: rob

Re: Karma firmware update coming soon - 07/10/2003 16:52

Rio Internet Updater *is* the ReplayTV RNS system.

Rob
Posted by: morrisdl

Re: Karma firmware update coming soon - 08/10/2003 07:04

Great! Maybe there is a chance my ReplayTV might get the Karma code downloaded by "accident", giving it the ability to play MP3's ;-)