Music file structure in the Reciever manager sw?

Posted by: jonjonbear

Music file structure in the Reciever manager sw? - 21/01/2003 13:39

Hello group..I am patiently awaiting my recievers to arrive and I downloaded the receiver manager software but have a question..I let it "search my computer" for music files, which it did but how do I see what files it found and where? I assume it found all the music files on my hard drive C:?
In my Archos Jukebox it's display shows folders, ect that the music on it's hard drive is in but I am guessing this software doesn't work that way? Does it just list all the music in order as it finds it? Example..If I have George Strait in several places(folders or drives), will it find them all together and list them if I search "George Strait"? Hope this isn't a stupid question! :-)
Thanks..John
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Music file structure in the Reciever manager sw? - 21/01/2003 13:46

You can select either "by artist" (for instance, George Strait), or you can select "by playlist", where you create custom lists of MP3s by listing them in an M3U file.
Posted by: jonjonbear

Re: Music file structure in the Reciever manager sw? - 21/01/2003 13:52

Thanks Tony,
Is it possible, say later on I want it to only use the music in a specific folder, If I have it re-search the drive I choose will it "forget" about the files it found on a previous search?
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Music file structure in the Reciever manager sw? - 21/01/2003 23:50

Dunno, you'll have to mess with it and see how it works once you get it all hooked up. I don't use the PC version of the music server software any more, I exclusively use the HSX-109 to serve the receivers.
Posted by: Roger

Re: Music file structure in the Reciever manager sw? - 22/01/2003 03:09

If I have it re-search the drive I choose will it "forget" about the files it found on a previous search?

Yes. The database is rebuilt completely when you rescan for more music.