ARM Software

Posted by: flood

ARM Software - 13/02/2004 19:54

Is the 1.04 beta software that you can download from the rioplay site the same as the 1.04 software that comes with the dell rebadged? If not were can I get the 1.04 software - I have lost the CD and for the life of me can find a link to download it.

My problem is I have the Rio connected (via cat5) to a wireless router and the software running on a wireless connected laptop - the laptop sees the rio but the rio does not see the laptop - i am running the 1.04 beta.

Thanks in advance
Posted by: hipped1

Re: ARM Software - 13/02/2004 20:30

I believe its the same software.
Posted by: markb

Re: ARM Software - 14/02/2004 03:24

I also think the download softwaret is the same.

I would advise connecting the Rio directly to a PC running the server softeware and testing. That would remove any wireless or hub/switch issue. There have been reports of 10/100 switches/hubs causing connection difficulties.

Keep going!

Cheers

M
Posted by: Jerz

Re: ARM Software - 14/02/2004 06:46

Is the green connection light on the back of the rio lit? if not then unplug the and plug the rio and turn on.
Repeat until the green connection light on the back of the rio glows. Sometimes it takes a few times; otherwise what markb said.
Posted by: flood

Re: ARM Software - 14/02/2004 08:10

Yep the green light is on - it gets a valid ip address and it shows up on the ARM software but is greyed out. I use air snare to see the network traffic and the unit is searching for ips however never sees the laptop. It acts like there is a firewall between the wireless part of the router and hardwire part - however I can find no setting and am running no software firewall - file and print sharing is also on. What port does the rio uses and do I need to open it?
Posted by: markb

Re: ARM Software - 15/02/2004 02:19

I have had this happen very occasionally. Try rebooting everything, hard power-off the Rio and try again. As a last resort, I once fixed it by re-installing the ARM software.
Keep going. It WILL work!

Cheers

M