tRio/JReceiver playlist tune sort order.

Posted by: riocanada

tRio/JReceiver playlist tune sort order. - 03/09/2004 20:39

Ok, this should be a easy one.

When I selcect a playlist (tRio, JReceiver, linux) how do I get it (it being the whole shebang) to not sort the tune list, i.e. play the tunes in the order that they are in the original .m3u file?

The Windows version did not automatically change the sequence.

What's weird is that when I look at the play list in the JReceiver web front end it is the the original order (with a sort order shown as: source_list.seq_no). But when tRio gets it it has changed order!

Thanks,

Jim.

Re: tRio playlist tune sort order. - 04/09/2004 01:29

Just an update. It would appear that it's tRio that sorting the playlist. I do not have "random" or "shuffle" selected and yet I seem to get an "Album|TrackNo" sort on the playlist.
The reason that I've eliminated JReceiver is that when I select play-playlist from the JReceiver web front-end on my Windows XP machine, it launches Winamp which plays the tune in list order.
So is there some other setting in tRio that's requesting a sort?
Posted by: pauln

Re: tRio playlist tune sort order. - 04/09/2004 10:04

Jim,

Having had a brief look at the way it's being done on the tRio side, I can't see what's going wrong. And so I'll have to looking into this some more for you.

I'm pretty tied up this weekend, but I'll get back to you during the week.

Cheers
Paul

Re: tRio playlist tune sort order. - 04/09/2004 11:38

Thanks Paul,

Let me know if you want any logs.

Cheers,

Jim
Posted by: pauln

Re: tRio playlist tune sort order. - 07/09/2004 17:06

Jim,

I've tracked the problem down and have a fix that works for me. Please PM me with your email address and I'll send you the fix to try out.

Cheers
Paul