Unable to sync

Posted by: errol

Unable to sync - 20/02/2003 09:20

Now that we have something new to play with (emphatic) I am finally uploading some new tunes to my player after having gone a very long time without doing so. Unfortunately, I am getting an error.

If I watch the tasks in emplode, I can see that "Connecting to player" and "Uploading database" complete successfully, but "Checking media" gives an error 0xc0041010. I also notice that the player restarts while "Checking media". Is this normal?

At first I thought I needed to do an fsck, so I manually did so on both of my drives, but I am still getting this error.

Any ideas what could be wrong? Drive cable?
Posted by: genixia

Re: Unable to sync - 20/02/2003 10:30

Before starting the sync, select 'Quit' in emphatics menu. Note that simply selecting 'Off' won't help. The problem that you are seeing is because emphatic is running from the music partition and preventing the music partition from be unmounted.

There is a lively discussion going on about this very issue in the emphatic thread in 'Programming'.

Re: Unable to sync - 20/02/2003 10:51

Well, that didn't seem to help. I get the exact same results as I had previously.
Posted by: Daria

Re: Unable to sync - 20/02/2003 11:01

Do you have any other programs installed that are running out of the music partitions?
Posted by: JBjorgen

Re: Unable to sync - 20/02/2003 11:28

Genixia is right, you must quit emphatic every time the player boots while you are synching. I had that exact same problem with the exact same error message.

Re: Unable to sync - 20/02/2003 13:22

OK, I had a few programs running off the music partition, so I "kill"ed them and I am now able to sync.

Thanks to all for the help.