Stolen but recovered MK II with a problem

Posted by: sullivac

Stolen but recovered MK II with a problem - 26/03/2003 17:39

My MKII was stolen a month ago but recovered (along with two bad lads). They crowbarred the door half off trying to get the stereo (36Gb). They then came back later for the amp and got caught. When I got it back today, the cables were all cut and I duly bridged them with connectors.

I checked first by plugging in to my AC adapter and it all seemed fine (playing Ian Dury Blockheads by coincidence). I think I made a mistake wiring it in because first time, I didn't get any life out of the unit. After checking, I corrected them and it worked, but the display is dead.

My question is - have I fried the display (a capacitor behind the r.h.s is a bit whiffy)?

Can anyone fix it for me - all expenses paid.

Yours,

happy to have his MK II back but selecting tracks like a blind watchmaker <g>
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Stolen but recovered MK II with a problem - 26/03/2003 17:46

Yes, support can fix it for you. Contact them and they'll fix you up. Details here.
Posted by: mlord

Re: Stolen but recovered MK II with a problem - 26/03/2003 20:33

Hey, cool it with the multiple posts, dude!
Posted by: canuckInOR

Re: Stolen but recovered MK II with a problem - 27/03/2003 01:09

Aw, cut 'im some slack... he just got his baby back -- he must be delirious with joy (and likely surprise, as well).

Re: Stolen but recovered MK II with a problem - 27/03/2003 10:31

The multiple posts are happening because the site never responds (just had a two minute patient wait there before submitting again). The problem is that the confirmation page never shows up - how do you know that the post went through?

Craig.

Re: Stolen but recovered MK II with a problem - 27/03/2003 11:30

The problem is that the confirmation page never shows up - how do you know that the post went through?
If that happens, something is malfunctioning. It's supposed to show up. What browser are you using?

Re: Stolen but recovered MK II with a problem - 29/03/2003 06:18

IE6 SP1. I've seen this problem before with apache doing this (just forgetting to redirect).

Craig.
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Stolen but recovered MK II with a problem - 29/03/2003 09:46

apache ... forgetting to redirect
There's not really much way that the web server can forget to do it. I mean, it's possible, but it's not like the web server comes back after five seconds (or however long it is) with more data. It tells the browser when it transmits the initial page how long to wait and where to go. In addition, I believe in this case, it's all internal to the HTML sent (Edit: I just checked, and it is an HTML META Refresh), and not an HTTP header, and it's unlikely, at best, that Apache could be trimming out data in the middle of the HTML.

That sounds more like a browser bug to me.

Edit: Then again, I got lost in the thread, and what you mean by redirect may not be what I thought you meant. If so, just ignore me.

Re: Stolen but recovered MK II with a problem - 29/03/2003 10:46

IE6 SP1
Hm. Should have been working. Is it still giving you trouble? Are you running any ad-blocker software which might be interfering with it? Some ad blockers will block redirects and refreshes.
Posted by: Nobbie

Re: Stolen but recovered MK II with a problem - 03/04/2003 08:37

Or Firewall S/W i have to quickly disable mine when i post as it blocks it, and i'm too lazy to find out which port needs unblocking!..
Just a thought.