Replacement Display?

Posted by: Locke_CJ

Replacement Display? - 31/03/2003 14:14

Can anyone confirm or deny that a Noritake MN12832J will work as a replacement for the MN12832E that was originally installed in the empeg? I have contacted Noritake, and they recommended the J version. After reading other threads, it looks like that is because they no longer produce the E version. Also, there is mention that the J version has a different location for the fill nipple. Could that cause any issues?
Thank you in advance for any help.
Posted by: David

Re: Replacement Display? - 31/03/2003 14:20

I *think* the J version just has shorter pin lengths, it is cheaper than the E though. I'm not sure if the fill nipple position is an issue. Hugo would know.

If you just want to avoid shipping your player, you can buy the display on its own from support for 75UKP including postage (FedEx is extra).
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Replacement Display? - 31/03/2003 14:34

I think we'd all like to find out, seeing as how there seems to have been a rash of broken nipples lately, and a steady stream of replacement parts would be a nice thing to have for the aging fleet of empegs out there...
Posted by: foxtrot_xray

Re: Replacement Display? - 31/03/2003 15:12

aging fleet of empegs out there...

Aging?? Sheesh. Mine's just over a year old. Aging! Sheesh.

Me.
Posted by: suomi35

Re: Replacement Display? - 01/04/2003 15:30

I would definately be interested in getting at least one!
Posted by: altman

Re: Replacement Display? - 03/04/2003 18:59

I've never tried a J; I guess that you might be able to straighten the pins and get it to fit. I don't think the nipple will cause problems (it'll be above the rotary) but I can't guarantee that.

Hugo