Config data ...

Posted by: Nils

Config data ... - 09/07/2000 07:51

Hello !

Hmm, i ask myself:
Where & how is all the user customizable stuff saved ??
Is there a central file, where the equalizer & fader & loudness & whatever is saved ???
Is it in ascii form, or just binary ???
Please someone tell me where / how to find those data, as i like to view/edit them ...

Nils

Posted by: rob

Re: Config data ... - 09/07/2000 14:22

It's all stored in Flash memory. I'm not aware of any released documentation pertaining to this, but if there's a convenient structure that represents the data format I'll see if we can dig it out for the geek site (which will ultimately provide a more comprehensive developer resource).

Rob

Posted by: altman

Re: Config data ... - 09/07/2000 15:01

Actually, eq presets are stored on hda2, but most of the other settings (volume, etc) are stored in /dev/empeg_state, which is an autosaved area of ram (128 bytes).

We won't be documenting that area, as it changes regularly - we're on version 7 of the layout already :)

Hugo

Posted by: Nils

Re: Config data ... - 09/07/2000 21:46

Ah !

That explains why i was unable to find the file :-)

Okay, so thats for editing a simple config file to change setting .......

Thanks for the quick answer !

Nils

Posted by: borislav

Re: Config data ... - 09/11/2000 21:45

Actually, eq presets are stored on hda2, but most of the other settings (volume, etc) are stored in /dev/empeg_state, which is an autosaved area of ram (128 bytes).

We won't be documenting that area, as it changes regularly - we're on version 7 of the layout already :)

Can you spare a few bytes and document them as "reserved for third-party applications"?

Borislav