USB Connecting Trouble

Posted by: ryry

USB Connecting Trouble - 30/09/2003 01:55

Situation:
My riocar was connected to my computer through a hub last year and worked perfectly. Then the computer sat in a storage unit all summer. Over the summer I was connecting to another computer through USB and I also upgraded from 2.00 beta13 to 2.00 commercial.

Problem:
When I first connected my riocar up to it again it always said new hardware found and asked if I want to search for a driver for the riocar. If I do it installs something (a driver I assume). When I would connect to the computer through USB it would usually recognize the player in the "open player database." If I tried to connect emplode to the riocar it worked maybe 50% of the time and usually had problems with initiallizing. If the riocar did connect to the emplode everything worked until I tried to syncronize and that never worked for me.

Then I remembered that I hadn’t upgraded the emplode software to 2.00 commercial so I did and it still “found new hardware and went through that deal again” but it then connected fine and I was able to synchronize and everything. The next time I tried connecting the Riocar up to my computer it didn’t find new hardware. And in the open player database my empeg came up but now when I click on it, it either makes the sound like it finished synchronizing but then tells me that emplode needs to quit or it says “there does not appear to be a plarey connected”

Ideas:
I was also thinking I might need whatever it was that was on the disk that came with my riocar but I must have lost since I have moved twice in the last year.
I had a friend who is fairly knowledgable (compared to me) with riocars fix my the "hijack config error" and maybe he did something that could have caused some problems.

Any ideas?
Posted by: tfabris

Re: USB Connecting Trouble - 30/09/2003 12:10

There is a new USB driver for 2.0 final. Please read the release notes for 2.0 final very carefully and follow the instructions within. You must install the USB driver manually.
Posted by: ryry

Re: USB Connecting Trouble - 01/10/2003 16:18

Thanks tfab. Works perfect. You the man.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: USB Connecting Trouble - 02/10/2003 03:02

No prob, anytime.