Possible?

Posted by: Gleep

Possible? - 17/04/2004 07:19

I would like to add the Eutronix coaxial digital ouput, but I understand it requires making an extra hole in the sled, and as I have 3 cars with 3 sleds already mounted I would prefer not to have to remove the existing sleds. Furthermore, the place inside my house where I would like to use the digital out, I use a Mark Lord Dock. I was wondering if it would be possible to modify the Empeg and the ML Docking station so that the digital output would only be available when the Empeg was docked?
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: Possible? - 17/04/2004 07:50

There are some unused wires in the docking connector.. maybe you could route the signal through the Mic input?
Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: Possible? - 17/04/2004 09:43

Question: do you intend to connect the coax digital out in the car? I have all three outputs, and I did not require any sled modification. Granted, I do not use digital out in the car. The connectors mount on the empeg itself, and that is what you need to put the hole in.
Posted by: Gleep

Re: Possible? - 17/04/2004 14:59

I have all three outputs, and I did not require any sled modification

I stand corrected. I would still like to be able to have the coax digital output connect to the dock and just have the Empeg slide right in. I don't need to use the digital ouputs in the car. I don't think I could modify the dock myself.
Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: Possible? - 17/04/2004 15:41

You best option is to modify the connections in the docking connector, adding the digital out that way. You might want to check with Stu and Mark, see if either of them have already modified a dock in this manner. I think they did, but I am not certain.
Posted by: maczrool

Re: Possible? - 17/04/2004 20:13

Yes, we've modified a Mark Lord dock for digital out. It worked great!

Stu
Posted by: Cris

Re: Possible? - 18/04/2004 03:02

I did that to one of Mark's Docks too. See here and here.

It was easy enough to do, you just need a couple of dock connectors, which Mark kindly supplied when I ordered the Dock (No. 14 ).

Cheers

Cris.
Posted by: mlord

Re: Possible? - 18/04/2004 08:23

>you just need a couple of dock connectors

Dock pins ("contacts").

Cheers