Player keeps resetting for about 30 mins

Posted by: Dbqsmurf

Player keeps resetting for about 30 mins - 23/12/2004 07:05

My play keeps resetting itself and starting the same song over and over for about 30 mins then it plays fine it does this on my home stereo and in my car. Does any one know why and how to help??
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Player keeps resetting for about 30 mins - 23/12/2004 12:49

Wow. That's weird.

The first thing that comes to mind is that there might be an IDE problem. Does it happen consistently? If so, capture a serial log and see if any errors are occurring.

Does it do it on the same track or random tracks? Are you playing everything or just specific playlists? Shuffle or not shuffle?
Posted by: Shonky

Re: Player keeps resetting for about 30 mins - 23/12/2004 12:58

Could be power supply, hard drive or almost anything. Hardware is most likely the problem though.

Can you capture the serial port output shortly before, during and after when it comes good?
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Player keeps resetting for about 30 mins - 23/12/2004 13:17

Wait. Do you mean it's powering off and back on? If so, how much of the boot stuff do you see on the display? The animated logo on or just the text passing by part?
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Player keeps resetting for about 30 mins - 23/12/2004 15:07

Possibly a bad track?
Posted by: Dbqsmurf

Re: Player keeps resetting for about 30 mins - 24/12/2004 06:34

All the tracks work fine on my computer, most are all a couple years old and have been on an external hard drive for that time. It fully restarts logo and boots up. I finally took it apart and nothing is loose or boken inside it. Could it be a software problem? It started when I uploaded song a couple weeks ago with usb and it worked fine then I uploaded a couple more and got an resync error and since that error this one started. I have since taking all the songs off and reuploaded them via ethernet and never get a sync error.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Player keeps resetting for about 30 mins - 24/12/2004 15:17

Quote:
All the tracks work fine on my computer

Try the procedure I linked anyway.

Quote:
I uploaded a couple more and got an resync error and since that error this one started.

Then also try a FSCK.