Chirps and scratching in songs…

Posted by: JrFaust

Chirps and scratching in songs… - 04/05/2005 15:16

Hiya all, been awhile but my beloved seams to be having a bit of an issue. I’ve be hearing random chirps and scratching sounds in songs from my Empeg. At first I thought and hoped well maybe a bad sector but that doesn't explain the scratching sounds. The scratching sound is like a bad speaker wire connection or like a headphone connection when you twist it. I’ve checked my wiring but haven’t found anything bad yet. Could both be caused by a bad sector or could loose dock wires cause this? Could a bad main board component cause this?

Thanks for any ideas,
Rob
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Chirps and scratching in songs… - 04/05/2005 15:24

See if this answers your question.

Re: Chirps and scratching in songs… - 06/05/2005 04:05

I was trying to avoid taking my dash apart but oh well. I guess have to take a look at those connectors.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Chirps and scratching in songs… - 06/05/2005 13:00

You might be able to hear the difference between a digital error and a sled wiring error just by listening to it carefully.

Also, see if the scratching sounds happen when the player is indoors on AC power.

Re: Chirps and scratching in songs… - 01/06/2005 16:02

Well now after about a month and a flip over of my play list I haven't heard another chirp or scratch from any songs. Things that make you go hummmmm. So all I can do is guess that I didn't have the player seated fully.

Thanks Tony for your ideas.