Finally hit by the ide_test problem

Posted by: frog51

Finally hit by the ide_test problem - 03/06/2007 06:22

Thought I'd get pop new hard drives in as I was starting to get some odd issues (not least being a mismatch of results on the ide_test) during boot, and far too many media checks. Looks like it may not have been drive issues, as today I get a response of 2023 from 0000, FFFF, AAAA and 5555. Bizarrely it all appears to work, and I have tested synchronising etc., but I'm guessing something a bit more serious than a cable problem (I recrimped anyway, but no joy)

Any thoughts above and beyond the FAQ info?
Posted by: mlord

Re: Finally hit by the ide_test problem - 03/06/2007 13:03

Quote:
Thought I'd get pop new hard drives in as I was starting to get some odd issues (not least being a mismatch of results on the ide_test) during boot, and far too many media checks. Looks like it may not have been drive issues, as today I get a response of 2023 from 0000, FFFF, AAAA and 5555. Bizarrely it all appears to work, and I have tested synchronising etc., but I'm guessing something a bit more serious than a cable problem (I recrimped anyway, but no joy)

Any thoughts above and beyond the FAQ info?

The IDE data test is *meaningless* unless your player reports other hardware issues, or unless the drives still fail *after* the final test.

-ml
Posted by: frog51

Re: Finally hit by the ide_test problem - 03/06/2007 16:28

Ahhhh - that is reassuring. I was fairly certain the drive I swapped out had issues, but then on seeing this in the logs I just thought the worst.

I will now complete the upload of the remaining 12000 tracks:-)

Thanks Mark.