Tuner strange issue

Posted by: Taym

Tuner strange issue - 17/09/2007 07:49

I wonder if this has happened to anybody else.

One day, my tuner started to behave as follows:

1. Frequency indicator staid where I had put it: 107.9 Mhz (Radio24, here in Rome)
2. The tuner, in spite of the above, started to change frequency, cycling throgh the entire freq range. I could guess that's what was happening by just listening to the several stations being tuned in sequence, separated by static.
3. The signal strength indicator would change according to the station being tuned. That also seemed to support the idea that the tuner was actuallying cycling.
4. Changing preset would change the frequency indicator accordingly, but that would not also change the frequency actually tuned.

Switching to Player and back to tuner would not work. Reboot would not work. Basically, tuner unusable.

Day after, tuner works again, but after 30 mins of usage it would go back to the strange behavior.

Today, tuner worked no problem for 1 hr during my commute to work.

Maybe the problem occurs when tuner overheats?
Has this happened to anybody else?
Any possible software issue?
Posted by: mlord

Re: Tuner strange issue - 10/10/2008 17:12

I'm now making a house call in Rome to check up on Taym's tuners, and figured a group empeg meet photo was in order:

Posted by: dr_dos

Re: Tuner strange issue - 11/10/2008 15:58

Hi Mark,

you guys are in Italy right now? In case Germany is on your schedule you're more than welcome to come by our place and stay for a while.

Cheers,
-Peter

Re: Tuner strange issue - 12/10/2008 04:46

Hi Peter!

Just Italia this time around. But your area is definitely on the list for next time around!

How's the little bambino doing ?

Cheers
Posted by: dr_dos

Re: Tuner strange issue - 15/10/2008 06:28

Originally Posted By: mlord

How's the little bambino doing ?

Dorian's doing very well - as you can see...

Re: Tuner strange issue - 15/10/2008 13:26

What a great photo!

Cheers
Posted by: Taym

Re: Tuner strange issue - 19/10/2008 01:26

I did not realize how old this thread you digged out was, Mark. smile Time flies!

It was great having you both here! smile

Ad congratulations to you, dr_dos, for wonderful Dorian! smile