emplode does not find rio car using windows 7

Posted by: edsmiata

emplode does not find rio car using windows 7 - 01/11/2009 02:05

so i got this new pc with windows 7...downloaded emplode...installed it and the little flashlight just keeps going back and forth when i try to find my rio car.

this worked fine under windows xp

any ideas what i did wrong

thanks,

EDIT: did some snooping around here and instead of using USB used ethernet and it found it just fine....my pc and player are like peas and carrots again!

Ed
Ed
Posted by: JimCamel

Re: emplode does not find rio car using windows 7 - 01/11/2009 03:09

No problems using emplode over USB on Windows 7 here.
Posted by: Roger

Re: emplode does not find rio car using windows 7 - 01/11/2009 09:43

Originally Posted By: edsmiata
so i got this new pc with windows 7...downloaded emplode...installed it and the little flashlight just keeps going back and forth when i try to find my rio car.

The USB driver included with emplode 2.00 works fine on 32-bit Windows 7. It will not work with 64-bit Windows. If you're in this situation, use Ethernet. If you've got an empeg mk1, keep a 32-bit version of Windows handy.

Edit: as Shonky says, you can run x86 (32-bit) Windows on an x64 (64-bit) PC. You need to check your system properties to find out if your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit.

If you've got less than 3GB of RAM, there's little point in running 64-bit Windows, but lots of people do.

Re: emplode does not find rio car using windows 7 - 01/11/2009 19:22

its 64 bit processor...

also i just realized this new pc does not have a serial bus...is this the norm these days???
Posted by: tfabris

Re: emplode does not find rio car using windows 7 - 02/11/2009 02:15

Quote:
also i just realized this new pc does not have a serial bus...is this the norm these days???

Yup, unfortunately. There are some things you can do if you need to connect to the empeg's serial port.
Posted by: Shonky

Re: emplode does not find rio car using windows 7 - 02/11/2009 02:38

its 64 bit processor...

That doesn't matter (well doesn't conclusively prove if it's a 64 bit OS). What matters is if you are using a 64 bit operating system. You can quite easily run 32 bit Windows on a 64 bit CPU - and millions do.

Re: emplode does not find rio car using windows 7 - 03/11/2009 14:03

thanks for the feedback...it works fine with the ethernet cable....i will deal with the serial issue when it arises

ed
Posted by: Roger

Re: emplode does not find rio car using windows 7 - 03/11/2009 14:39

thanks for the feedback...it works fine with the ethernet cable....i will deal with the serial issue when it arises

Good. Ethernet's faster anyway.
Posted by: burdell1

Re: emplode does not find rio car using windows 7 - 05/02/2012 14:54

have any of you tried running emplode on a mac with the Parallels software (running Windows 7?)
Posted by: hodge555

Re: emplode does not find rio car using windows 7 - 01/05/2013 16:20

I use Window 7 - 64bit.
I sync over Ethernet using j-emplode (seems much more stable than emplode) and serial via USB to serial adaptor.
Both seem to work fine.