Pioneer Remote

Posted by: ineedcolor

Pioneer Remote - 13/03/2001 09:08

Help! Seeing the recent posts on installing the IR kernel for the Pioneer streeing wheel remote, I see that it may be fairly involved to carry out the procedure. I am majorly Linux-challenged, is there anyone one willing to do the hack from start to finish and put it all into one post with a step-by-step instruction? I would really love to use my remote but I'm not ready to risk screwing with my new player just yet due to my ineptness with Linux coding....Thanks - John

Technoweenie
12 GB Blue / Red MK2
Posted by: Roger

Re: Pioneer Remote - 13/03/2001 11:18

Even if you turn out to be hopelessly inept, you shouldn't be able to break anything. The original kernel is recoverable, simply by loading a .upgrade file.

There's really very little risk involved.

Roger - not necessarily speaking for empeg
Posted by: ineedcolor

Re: Pioneer Remote - 13/03/2001 11:37

Thanks Roger...BTW, any chance of you guys putting the IR kernel codes for the Pioneer remote into a later software version due to it's popularity as an alternative to the Kenwood/Rio? (maybe/hopefully)

Technoweenie
12 GB Blue / Red MK2
Posted by: rob

Re: Pioneer Remote - 13/03/2001 14:46

That would also require UI in emplode and code on the player to enable/disable the feature. People with Pioneer head units would not be too happy otherwise!

Since the tuner module will provide an interface for a wired Sony stalk controller I suspect that out-of-the-box support for other remotes will not happen.

Rob

Posted by: Henno

Re: Pioneer Remote - 14/03/2001 04:00

the tuner module will provide an interface for a wired Sony stalk controller

Rob, do you think you can already release connect details?
(I'd like to have my car wired-up for this Sony controller when the tuner module gets in )

Henno
mk2 6 nr 6
Posted by: altman

Re: Pioneer Remote - 14/03/2001 07:25

It's a 3.5mm stereo jack (socket on the tuner).

Hugo

Posted by: Henno

Re: Pioneer Remote - 15/03/2001 03:01

3.5mm stereo jack (socket on the tuner)

Which means that the radio module will accepts the jack that comes with the remote. I'll start mounting the thing. Thanks

Henno
mk2 6 nr 6