emptool with OS X or FreeBSD

Posted by: mcomb

emptool with OS X or FreeBSD - 23/10/2001 12:07

Has anybody been able to compile emptool for Mac OS X or FreeBSD? With Jempeg currently not v2 compatible I am trying to find a way to sync. Emptool will run under FreeBSD's linux emulation, but it will not connect to the player for some reason.

Thanks,
-Mike

Posted by: amold

Re: emptool with OS X or FreeBSD - 23/10/2001 13:57

I did compile it for freebsd a long time ago. as i recall the changes were relatively minor.
since I don't have freebsd any more, I can't do it again, but if you like I will try to dig up my old source (which will be 1.0x) so you can mine it for ideas to patch 2.x

Re: emptool with OS X or FreeBSD - 23/10/2001 16:38

Yeah, I would appreciate that. It would be a good starting point at least. If you find it can you email it to me or post it somewhere where I can grab it?

[email protected] (remove the SPAM)

Thanks,
-Mike

Posted by: mschrag

Re: emptool with OS X or FreeBSD - 23/10/2001 20:11

JEmpeg is secretly 2.0 compatible :) It's just not released yet... I suppose now that the 2.0 beta is out, I can start putting out 2.0 JEmpeg releases -- I need to check with the Empeg folks.

Re: emptool with OS X or FreeBSD - 23/10/2001 20:59

Cool, I thought you and Dan where still working on it. Looking forward to v2. If you need another tester let me know.

-Mike

Posted by: amold

Re: emptool with OS X or FreeBSD - 24/10/2001 18:51

I can't find my freebsd version anymore. sorry.

Re: emptool with OS X or FreeBSD - 27/10/2001 13:27

Hey Mike, can we get an update on when Jempeg v2 will be out? I have a couple of gigs of music waiting impatiently to move to my empeg.

-Mike
Posted by: mschrag

Re: emptool with OS X or FreeBSD - 27/10/2001 14:13

I need to talk to Daniel ... Unfortunately, I took my car in for some warranty repairs and forgot to pull my Empeg, so I'm without right now. That means I can't test until I get my car back sometime next week. If Daniel gets a chance to test some of the common cases (i.e. does sync still work :) ), then maybe we can put a prerelease out. We both want to start getting releases out as soon as it fundamentally works. I'll email him and respond in a bit...

Mike