rca male to stereo female connector

Posted by: xxxpcpxxx

rca male to stereo female connector - 02/02/2002 13:15

is any one aware of any Y-adapter that has two RCA male connector to a stereo female connector? any links would be appreciated. i am connecting blaupunkt hollywood cassette player to my empeg via blaupunkt adapter cable which has a male stereo miniplug. thanks.
Posted by: hybrid8

Re: rca male to stereo female connector - 02/02/2002 13:48

I have the opposite adapter. They should be somewhat easy to find. The reverse, which you're looking for, might be a bit trickier.

If you don't get any links, I will look at a few electronics places I should be passing by this weekend. If I find anything I'll let you know. I could always pick it up for you.

Take a look at www.partsexpress.com for the hell of it. You may need to make one yourself - which isn't difficult. The parts should be available at an electronics store (I know they're all available at the place(s) I'll be going to tomorrow.

Bruno
Posted by: muzza

Re: rca male to stereo female connector - 02/02/2002 22:26

Ratshack or amost other electronics shops should have this. You might be able to get it in either solid formed plastic or ones with wires between the connectors. I have a few of these on my video at the moment.
Posted by: vkb

Re: rca male to stereo female connector - 03/02/2002 00:26

I purchased this exact item from Radio Shack today. Actually two items. The Y adapter was male RCA to female stereo phono (1/4" I believe) so I also required the phono to mini-plug adapter. It was 8 bucks and some change total.