Power dies for no reason

Posted by: willebear

Power dies for no reason - 08/07/2002 21:03

I have noticed that sometimes when I turn on my car, the player won't boot. The car was previously just turned off as usual and the player was never told to 'power off'. The LED will be blinking but it does not boot. I then slide the player out of the sled and push it back in and it boots fine.

Today it just quit right in the middle of playing. I didn't notice when b/c the volume was down, but i was listening to music, turned the volume down and then noticed a few minutes later that it was completely off!

What's up?
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Power dies for no reason - 08/07/2002 21:36

Have you enabled any of the screen blanking or timeout features of Hijack?
Posted by: willebear

Re: Power dies for no reason - 08/07/2002 22:14

hijack is not installed.

hijack is wiped out after a fresh install of the main software (2.00 b11), right?
Posted by: mlord

Re: Power dies for no reason - 09/07/2002 07:37

If the LED is blinking, the the unit is probably still in standy-by from the last time it was "on" -- thus cycling the ignition will have no effect (unless doing so cuts power to the player).

What happens when you just press the top button to bring it out of standby?
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Power dies for no reason - 09/07/2002 09:33

hijack is not installed. hijack is wiped out after a fresh install of the main software (2.00 b11), right?

Correct, Hijack is wiped out after a fresh install of 2.0b11.

However, there is a serious bug in 2.0b11 that is fixed by installing Hijack. This bug might fix the problem you are reporting (although I'm not sure because I'm not clear on the details of your problem). So if you're running 2.0b11, then you should install Hijack, too, in order to fix the bug.