display light

Posted by: loren

display light - 07/04/2001 10:53

According to the manual, the display light is supposed to go out after a few moments of menu activity... but mine doesn't ever go out. I can't find a any sort of preference to turn this function on or off... sooo... bug? This is on the Dell version.

||| loren |||

Re: display light - 07/04/2001 11:14

Okay, cancel that.... it just takes forever to go out, 10 minutes or more (haven't timed it yet) unlike what the manual implies. False alarm, go about your business.

||| loren |||

Re: display light - 07/04/2001 11:41

Okay, make that more like half an hour. Maybe this is a bug? How long is the light SUPPOSED to stay on?

||| loren |||
Posted by: phaigh

Re: display light - 08/04/2001 02:38

That does sound like a very long time.

This has got to be customisable, surely?

Is there anything on the remote? (display?).

Paul.

Still Waiting....

Posted by: mardibloke

Re: display light - 08/04/2001 15:40

Heck, that sounds more like a handy feature - you don't have to get up and turn the room light switch off and on

- --
Rod, UK Mk2 64gig Red S/No.341 Empeg Looking to add a DELL Reciever
Posted by: Roger

Re: display light - 09/04/2001 01:18

Looking at the source code, it would appear that the activity timeout is supposed to be 3 minutes long. It won't timeout while music is playing.

Re: display light - 09/04/2001 10:27

Ahhh, okay, that makes sense. As a suggestion for the future... it'd be nice if that time out was configurable in both states, playing and not. I'm not sure what the life of one of those LCD's is, but if it's anything like the one on my Ericsson phone, the indiglo effect will dull over time.

||| loren |||