What is the biggest flash player the Central works with?

Posted by: robricc

What is the biggest flash player the Central works with? - 28/03/2005 13:05

My father is a computer moron, but he seems to understand the Central I got him for christmas a couple years ago. He's jogging on a regular basis now and wants to take MP3s with him. Obviously using the Central to send tunes to a portable is the easiest method for him. What is the largest (in terms of memory) flash player the Central will send tunes to? I don't mind getting an SD card if needed and the Central would recognize the added memory.
Posted by: msaeger

Re: What is the biggest flash player the Central works with? - 28/03/2005 16:06

The only ones listed in the book for it are the 600, 800, and Nike PSA. It doesn't say if additional memory cards are supported or not.
Posted by: geeknerd

Re: What is the biggest flash player the Central works with? - 30/03/2005 01:39

I have a nike psa with a 512 MMC card in it. You need to upgrade the flash, and make sure you get the RIO version of the nike psa and NOT the phillips version. I suspect you could put a 1G card in it, but I haven't tested it myself. Do NOT get an SD card for it, only MMC works. The psa play works great, though uploading music isn't fast.

I think I remember hearing about the S series players working, but I'm not sure.

Re: What is the biggest flash player the Central works with? - 30/03/2005 01:55

Apparently, some people have had problems with > 256M cards. YMMV.

http://www.rioworld.org/yabbse/index.php?board=8;action=display;threadid=5263
Posted by: robricc

Re: What is the biggest flash player the Central works with? - 30/03/2005 12:06

Quote:
I think I remember hearing about the S series players working, but I'm not sure.

This is what I was hoping. Does anyone know for sure if they work?
Posted by: matthew_k

Re: What is the biggest flash player the Central works with? - 09/07/2005 21:15

Did you ever find out if S series players work? My dad's walkman (walkman.. yellow plastic.. played tapes) apperently gave up the ghost, and I'd like to find him something that'll work with their Central.

Matthew

Re: What is the biggest flash player the Central works with? - 10/07/2005 02:13

Take a flyer and buy one. They are under 20$ on ebay if you look around.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=75457&item=5784795954&rd=1

That's one that finished at 5$ with 9$ shipping. Heck, I may buy one myself, I had no idea they are so cheap.
Posted by: peter

Re: What is the biggest flash player the Central works with? - 10/07/2005 14:11

Quote:
Did you ever find out if S series players work?

They should do, but you need the 1.10 firmware for the Central.

Peter