Buy A Central for $8.99 (again!)

Posted by: The Central Guy

Buy A Central for $8.99 (again!) - 31/05/2005 05:07

Here he is again, the mysterious eBay seller that really isn't selling electronics, but rather telling you how to get stuff for free...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ssPageName=WDVW

If only he knew where to get more Centrals, we'd all be on board....

Kinda makes you wonder just how many people will stumble across this ad....Me and Jerz, I guess (!).....

Randy
Posted by: Jerz

Re: Buy A Central for $8.99 (again!) - 31/05/2005 09:42

I saw it yesterday and can't believe that he's allowed to do that (or is he). Should I report him some how?
Posted by: tman

Re: Buy A Central for $8.99 (again!) - 31/05/2005 09:53

I'm sure you're allowed to sell a crowbar and directions to your local electronics shop for $8.99

The thing is that people do actually buy these stupid auctions. If the seller is making so much money then why on earth do they need to sell the super secret info for $8.99? People that have a private feedback is also suspicious.

Re: Buy A Central for $8.99 (again!) - 31/05/2005 10:00

But if he's advertising a Rio Central and you can't get them then isn't that misrepresentation? If he wasn't targeting a specific product what he's doing imho would be fine.
Posted by: tman

Re: Buy A Central for $8.99 (again!) - 31/05/2005 10:24

Yeah. Hard to prove unless you buy his info and see exactly what he's asking you to do however. Doubt eBay will do anything about it anyway. There are loads of these types of auctions and they never remove them.

Re: Buy A Central for $8.99 (again!) - 31/05/2005 17:15

I looked at his other auctions last night, and it seems he has an auction like this for lots of other products, cell phone, amplifiers, etc. So whatever he thinks will make people take notice, open up the auction page, and then make a bid...

Crazy Stuff...

Oh well, good for a laugh after the holiday...
Randy

Re: Buy A Central for $8.99 (again!) - 31/05/2005 17:31

hmmm.... that's the only rio central for sale and there aren't any rio receivers (I'm glad I've got ten).

Actually the hundred dollar brand new central I just bought will be going to one of my friends for $200.00 so he gets a good deal and I get a few dollars for getting it for him and upgrading it with a 120gb maxtor hd (that he's supplying).

I'd keep it myself but I'm using trio exclusively so I really have no use for it. I had another one but I gave that one (the $1,500.00 one) to my Dad.
Posted by: msaeger

Re: Buy A Central for $8.99 (again!) - 31/05/2005 20:27

What is trio ? The only trio I know about it the tv station
Posted by: robricc

Re: Buy A Central for $8.99 (again!) - 31/05/2005 21:14

Quote:
...and there aren't any rio receivers (I'm glad I've got ten).

I fixed that one for you...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14980&item=5778911995

Re: Buy A Central for $8.99 (again!) - 04/06/2005 04:07

Wow, SOLD for $8.99....I think I might try to contact the buyer and just see what the information from this seller contains (if he'll share)...

I thought this would close with no bidders, but whaddya know?

Randy