counting

Posted by: mduran

counting - 19/03/2004 06:49

Hi,

Is there an easy way to know the number of albums I have stored in my Central besides going through the list and count them one by one ? I guess this can be easily done by grep-ing something from the shell... but what ?

thanks,
Miguel
Posted by: The Central Guy

Re: counting - 19/03/2004 08:38

Hi Miguel,
The way that I have figured out the totals on my Central is to use the Emplode software on the PC. When you run it, it loads the database from the Central. Then you can click on the "Albums" file folder on the left side and it will show you an alpha list of albums on the right side. But the totals that you are looking for are at the bottom right of the screen (628 albums for me on this hard drive).

If you click on "All Tracks" on the left side, then Emplode will list all of the tracks in alpha order on the right and also list the summary information for all tracks at the bottom of the right side (8031 tracks for me on this hard drive)...

This is the easiest way that I know of to figure out the summary information that you asked about....I hope that helps...

Randy
Posted by: mduran

Re: counting - 19/03/2004 10:26

Thanks. I normally don't use the Central together with the Emplode software, rather on its own, so I was wondering whether there is a way to do it from the machine self. Thx anyway !