Is there anything better than the empeg?

Posted by: darwin

Is there anything better than the empeg? - 30/06/2003 15:18

I'm thinking about selling my 80gb empeg, but was wondering if there is anything better out right now. I know the neo jukebox doesn't come close. I was looking into really high end range. Maybe $2000 or so.
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Is there anything better than the empeg? - 30/06/2003 15:19

Nope.
Posted by: msaeger

Re: Is there anything better than the empeg? - 30/06/2003 17:39

not for playing music in a car.
Posted by: DeadFire

Re: Is there anything better than the empeg? - 30/06/2003 18:23

If you have an empeg, then you already know how great it is. There are other products out there which may have features that the empeg doesn't, or, in some people's opinions, look "cooler" than the empeg. But nothing out there comes close to the empeg's stability or functionality. And it wins in so many other categories, simply because of this community. "Add-onability," for example. I'm sure you've seen the links at the top of the page.

It would take extremely dire circumtstances for me to consider selling my empeg. And, when the day comes that I look for a new car, I won't consider it unless the empeg will fit (where it's supposed to).

Am I biased? Of course. I own the best piece of music related in car electronics that ever existed. The empeg is many, many years ahead of its time.
Posted by: Daria

Re: Is there anything better than the empeg? - 30/06/2003 22:21

You could rent a DJ for your car. Make sure he comes with a good collection, and that you really don't want to use that seat...
Posted by: thinfourth2

Re: Is there anything better than the empeg? - 01/07/2003 01:35

Better at what as a music player not much can come close, as to having a better sound a few of the high end ones out there do sound a bit crisper but they only play one CD at a time.

there is the other car player designed by empeg towers but not too sure what that is like or even if it is offically released into the wild yet.
Posted by: 303

Re: Is there anything better than the empeg? - 01/07/2003 01:48

GET OUTA HERE!!!
Posted by: jimhogan

Re: Is there anything better than the empeg? - 01/07/2003 07:41

Is there anything better than the empeg?

Well, I hear that there's a new software-based in-car player coming out in about a week.
Posted by: tonyc

Re: Is there anything better than the empeg? - 01/07/2003 11:12

Well, I hear that there's a new software-based in-car player coming out in about a week.
¿Que?
Posted by: darwin

Re: Is there anything better than the empeg? - 02/07/2003 08:22

What's the website Jim? Is it the one from Russia?

Re: Is there anything better than the empeg? - 02/07/2003 08:24

¿Que?

(Finally! Jim gets a Carpal Tunnel to take the hook!!)

Well, my statement was maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but it was my sneaky way to answer the original question. No, there's nothing better. Oh, and by the way, in, hmmm... 2 or 3 days, it gets even better!

Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: Is there anything better than the empeg? - 02/07/2003 08:45

Greetings!

I am not aware of anything better. Especially since the empeg is so upgradable with hardware addons, software addons. Even the kernel and player software is upgradable...
Posted by: JBjorgen

Re: Is there anything better than the empeg? - 02/07/2003 11:52

<-- feels rumblings from Jim that something that we don't know about will happen at the Empeg meet.
Posted by: loren

Re: Is there anything better than the empeg? - 02/07/2003 14:27

yeah, someone better have their camera ready...

Re: Is there anything better than the empeg? - 02/07/2003 15:59

<-- feels rumblings from Jim that something that we don't know about will happen at the Empeg meet.

I only know what I read here on the BBS....

Rob V. 31 May: "As for public releases, I'm tossing around this idea of bringing a stack of CD's to Amersfoort this year.."
Rob V. 6 June: "Anything released at Amersfoort will be released to the web afterwards, if it is considered to be stable enough! "
Rob Schofiel 28 June: "... that something pretty exciting in the way of software may materialise at the owner's meet next weekend. Yeah, no joke, no windup...."

I really hope that I am not somehow adding 2 plus 2 to get 37, but if this all means what I *think* it means, then I will be a very happy boy!

Re: Is there anything better than the empeg? - 02/07/2003 17:28

yeah... someone better have a cd-burner ready...
Posted by: schofiel

Re: Is there anything better than the empeg? - 02/07/2003 23:55

Re: Is there anything better than the empeg? - 03/07/2003 09:21

not even a "..." ?!?!

oh man!
Posted by: jets

Re: Is there anything better than the empeg? - 07/07/2003 16:27

NO.
Posted by: bodybag

Re: Is there anything better than the empeg? - 18/07/2003 14:26

I don't know much about this but has anyone else seen or heard anything?

http://www.omnifimedia.com/
Posted by: andym

Re: Is there anything better than the empeg? - 19/07/2003 11:55

Wow, looks like a Neo Jukebox.... How innovative! How cutting edge! How..... Shite!
Posted by: siberia37

Re: Is there anything better than the empeg? - 28/07/2003 11:51

I'd venture to say that for $2000 and a lot of time you could probably make something better in terms of FEATURES. I.e. you could make an in-car computer with DVD playing capability, GPS navigation etc.. (since you can add a LCD screen). Stability wise though you can't touch the empeg. It's almost depressing for us do-it-yourselfer types. You simply can't make anything better when it comes to ease of use and good design.