Connecting my Karma to a MB Audio 10

Posted by: tahir

Connecting my Karma to a MB Audio 10 - 07/09/2004 15:50

I need to connect my Karma to my Mercedes Audio 10 head unit (currently using a cassette adaptor), I can't get an adaptor to attach it to the CD changer port because the port is optical. I've looked at getting a new head unit but they all look very 'flashy' and I'd lose the steering wheel controls, any ideas?
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Connecting my Karma to a MB Audio 10 - 07/09/2004 17:19

Age-old problem. Not just with that car, but with many cars. How to add aftermarket gear to a heavily-integrated head unit.

Search around and see if you can find someone who makes an aux-in adapter. Try places such as www.peripheral-aamp.com , www.blitzsafe.com , and www.rcainput.com . Even though the port is optical, there's a chance someone might still make one. You're not the only person in the world clamoring for the ability to hook up your own gear to the factory stereo.

Good luck!

Re: Connecting my Karma to a MB Audio 10 - 08/09/2004 07:43

Thanks for the links Tony I'll have a look

Re: Connecting my Karma to a MB Audio 10 - 10/09/2004 11:41

This firm will be producing an adaptor in the near future:

http://www.soundlinks.co.uk/

They make lots of others, so if you're stuck it's worth talking to them
Posted by: Whitey

Re: Connecting my Karma to a MB Audio 10 - 02/10/2004 09:37

Quote:
and I'd lose the steering wheel controls

I know exactly how you feel. I am planning on an upgrape to the a sound system. Just before I left the states I closed my car dealership and bought a nice car with buttons on the steering wheel. I never thought I would be the kind of person to let unused buttons bother me, but here I am. I get beck in December and I have plans to chase down the wires used in the steering column to do something *shrug* in the new system.