Alpine Ipod ???

Posted by: belezeebub

Alpine Ipod ??? - 04/10/2004 14:02

Okay its out now Alpine has a Interface to contect an Ipod to most of there head units, its around 100 bucks has anyone seen it or used it or head about how it works ?

the Info is pretty slim on Alpines Website.
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Alpine Ipod ??? - 04/10/2004 14:34

Read this thread on the Alpine/iPod integration.

Re: Alpine Ipod ??? - 04/10/2004 14:51

While its a bit of a cludge its solves a problem for a lot of non-empeg uses, what I would love to see is an Interface so you could remote mount a Empeg and it shows up as a changer on your alpine head unit. with full search and all controlls mapped to keys on the alpine
Posted by: tman

Re: Alpine Ipod ??? - 04/10/2004 15:06

autochanger emulator?

Re: Alpine Ipod ??? - 04/10/2004 15:56

???? I folowed the link but didn't see an autochanger adapter am I blind ?

Quote:
autochanger emulator?
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Alpine Ipod ??? - 04/10/2004 16:00

He means this. But don't expect to be able to use the empeg that way.
Posted by: tman

Re: Alpine Ipod ??? - 04/10/2004 16:06

Doh. Made a bit of a mistake pasting that link it seems

Re: Alpine Ipod ??? - 04/10/2004 18:14

So where can I get one of those ? do I have to pitch a tent in someone front yard and nag them morning noon and night to start making them ?

PS. Mr. Faq Master and Mr. Pooh-bah Pay no attention to that Geek sleeping in the Black Jeep liberty on your front Yard he is just wants to be first in line for the autochanger

Re: Alpine Ipod ??? - 04/10/2004 18:20

Quote:
do I have to pitch a tent in someone front yard and nag them morning noon and night to start making them ?

Or you could just go buy a Kenwood Music Keg right now.

Sure the empeg is neat and all, but if you turn it into a CD-changer emulator, then it's no better than one of those music kegs. The stuff that makes the empeg special all involves having direct access to its screen and controls.

Re: Alpine Ipod ??? - 04/10/2004 18:26

What makes the EMpeg great is the Interface and with a touch screen you could keep the interface the same the Kenwood is [rap and not worthy to cover a mud puddle so that an empeg can walk across with out getting dirty.

P.S. Maybe if all 4000 People that own an Empeg each gave the Empeg Gods 100.00 Dollars that could make the Empeg 3 we know they have all drawn out on a cocktail napkin just waiting to be put into production.

Quote:
Quote:
do I have to pitch a tent in someone front yard and nag them morning noon and night to start making them ?

Or you could just go buy a Kenwood Music Keg right now.

Sure the empeg is neat and all, but if you turn it into a CD-changer emulator, then it's no better than one of those music kegs. The stuff that makes the empeg special all involves having direct access to its screen and controls.

Re: Alpine Ipod ??? - 04/10/2004 18:31

I was specifically answering his question about the autochanger emulator. The color touch screen thing is being talked about in a different thread (with an equal amount of likelihood that it will ever come about).
Posted by: msaeger

Re: Alpine Ipod ??? - 05/10/2004 01:15

I wonder how many unique empeg owners there are ? Many people own several from the fire sale.

Re: Alpine Ipod ??? - 06/10/2004 12:52

Eunuch? who’s a eunuch, we are all Big Strong Virile Men not a eunuch to be found on this board.

Quote:
I wonder how many unique empeg owners there are ? Many people own several from the fire sale.
Posted by: cushman

Re: Alpine Ipod ??? - 06/10/2004 13:16

Quote:
Eunuch? who’s a eunuch, we are all Big Strong Virile Men not a eunuch to be found on this board.

But we all use eunuchs.
Posted by: Daria

Re: Alpine Ipod ??? - 06/10/2004 13:26

Quote:

Or got their first then and acquired more later.

Heck, I bet pgrezelak owns 10% of the mk2a production
Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: Alpine Ipod ??? - 06/10/2004 16:32

Hm? You rang?

Maybe 1%...

Re: Alpine Ipod ??? - 06/10/2004 16:53

Quote:
Hm? You rang?

Maybe 1%...

And how much more of it has also passed through your hands to coworkers or whatever?
Posted by: rob

Re: Alpine Ipod ??? - 06/10/2004 23:08

We sold a total of about sixty players to one customer - now I'm starting to wonder if there's a chance one of them could end up in space..

Rob

Re: Alpine Ipod ??? - 07/10/2004 00:06

Quote:
We sold a total of about sixty players to one customer - now I'm starting to wonder if there's a chance one of them could end up in space..

Rob

That'd be very cool; An install pic would be even cooler

Re: Alpine Ipod ??? - 07/10/2004 01:03

So it was either Branson or Allen. I'd always suspected Vulcan had a bunch of them and was doing something with them. Then again, you talked about a Sodding Big Airlplane once, so maybe it was Branson. Hm...

I'd always meant to corner you at one of the meets about that, always forgot...

Re: Alpine Ipod ??? - 07/10/2004 01:30

Quote:
So it was either Branson or Allen. I'd always suspected Vulcan had a bunch of them and was doing something with them. Then again, you talked about a Sodding Big Airlplane once, so maybe it was Branson. Hm...

No dice.

Oh wait, that would be Bronson.

---
I'm going over to Emmett's Fix-It Shop... to fix Emmett.
Posted by: FireFox31

Re: Alpine Ipod ??? - 10/10/2004 18:16

Quote:
sixty players to one customer

Was it that Ibiza install?

Oh wait, those were Receivers. Hm, so someone bought 60 players? I'm always curious to know how many actual empeg owners there are and where all these things got to.
Posted by: bonzi

Re: Alpine Ipod ??? - 25/11/2004 12:34

Quote:

Hmmm... Allen? Branson? Rutan?

Edit: I would bet on Branson, but wouldn't it be nice to have sold 60 Linux-based gadgets to a Microsoft co-founder?