Silly little mp3 player

Posted by: wfaulk

Silly little mp3 player - 24/02/2005 14:31

A friend pointed this out. FM transmitter plus USB host support plus cigarette lighter-power (plus your USB flash drive) equals a cheap little portable in-car solution.

Of course, the fact that I can't find any web site about it besides the Wal-Mart one doesn't make me feel confident, but, hell, Wal-Mart's pretty good about returns (their slave labor must like opened products). And it's less than $30 anyway.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Silly little mp3 player - 24/02/2005 15:57

I dunno, I'd probably be all over something more like this if it had enough storage.

(Note, this one is a bit more advanced that the last generation of products of its type, read Dan's review. While you're at it, check out the rest of his site, he's pretty cool...)
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Silly little mp3 player - 24/02/2005 17:06

Yeah, that's pretty cool. I like the fact that it has an MMC slot in it. But you still have to deal with a battery. Someone should figure out a way to harness the spindle to generate power. Or even have an option for a power cable to trail out to the cigarette lighter instead of an audio cable trailing to your audio device.

Still, most people have a USB flash drive they can repurpose, whereas fewer have an MMC card and reader lying around.