Mark I Control Through USB

Posted by: ercerc

Mark I Control Through USB - 23/10/2003 19:39

I am new to the forum but my first problem got resolved so quickly that I thought I test you all again ....

Is there a library, DLL or ActiveX control that allows me to write a program on the PC to control the Mark I player through a USB connection? By control I mean change tunes, pause, play, etc..

Enrique
Posted by: kswish0

Re: Mark I Control Through USB - 24/10/2003 01:32

You could just connect to your player using emplode or jemplode and control it with that. Both of these will allow you to control your player through usb.
Posted by: ercerc

Re: Mark I Control Through USB - 24/10/2003 07:35

I realize the tools you mentioned can control the player. However, what I am looking for is a way for a program I write to control the player. I have found information on how to do this through the serial port but not through the USB port.

Enrique
Posted by: matthew_k

Re: Mark I Control Through USB - 24/10/2003 08:27

I've read that jEmpolode uses a driver which just exposes the USB port as a very fast serial connection using the same protocol. I have no idea how it's done, but it does mean it should be possible for other people.

Matthew
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Mark I Control Through USB - 24/10/2003 10:16

There's been some talk in the past about writing a shim driver on the Mark1 that would make it appear as though it were an ethernet dongle attached to the USB port. At that point, all of the ethernet software (including my EmpegFace) would work.

I think this would be a nifty project for someone to finish. I'd do it, but I don't have the mAd sKiLLz.
Posted by: robricc

Re: Mark I Control Through USB - 24/10/2003 10:24

but I don't have the mAd sKiLLz.
Don't be trippin' yo.
Posted by: cushman

Re: Mark I Control Through USB - 24/10/2003 10:27

thread here.