Problems with jEmplode

Posted by: JeffreyB

Problems with jEmplode - 06/09/2004 12:49

I'm running jEmplode 60 with 2.0 on the unit. Whenever I run jEmplode, even if I have made no changes, when exiting I get the message "You have made changes to the device. Would you like to sync now?". If I do a sync, it goes through and rebuilds the database, but next time I run jEmplode, it thinks I've changed something when I haven't. What would casue this? It's stuck thinking that I've made changes, when none were made.

Thanks for the help...

JeffreyB
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Problems with jEmplode - 06/09/2004 13:53

Do you have any orphaned tracks?

Re: Problems with jEmplode - 06/09/2004 14:51

"orphaned tracks"????

JeffreyB
Posted by: cushman

Re: Problems with jEmplode - 06/09/2004 15:22

You know what, I have this problem too. I am thinking maybe it is because I only have soup views, and they get recalculated every time you start jEmplode. Nevertheless, it happens with me, also.
Posted by: cushman

Re: Problems with jEmplode - 06/09/2004 15:23

Search for "refs=0" in the Search view. These orphaned tracks are not referenced by any non-soup playlist. See here for complete tag listing you can search on in jEmplode.

Re: Problems with jEmplode - 06/09/2004 15:40

I also have two soups "All Artists" and "All Songs" sorted alphabetically. These are the two playlists that are always highlited like something was changed in them.

JeffreyB
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Problems with jEmplode - 06/09/2004 18:40

Right, so it's not orphaned tracks, it's what Mark C said. The Jemplode soups get recalculated each time you connect to the player, hence the need to synch. If you didn't use soups and just had playlists, this wouldn't happen.
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: Problems with jEmplode - 06/09/2004 20:49

Neato! I never knew about some of these:

play_last > daysago(5)
Finds all the tunes that have been played in the last 5 days

refs > 3 and not (tracknr = 2)
Finds all tunes that have a reference count greater than 3 and whose track number does not equal 2.

dirty = "true"
Finds all tunes or playlists that are marked dirty

Are some of these jemplode only?
Posted by: mschrag

Re: Problems with jEmplode - 06/09/2004 23:40

Are those soup views on your player or only in jEmplode? Regardless they definitely shouldn't be marked dirty every time ... I'll have to take a look at that one.

Re: Problems with jEmplode - 06/09/2004 23:40

daysago(5) is jEmplode only ... it's slightly bogus though, because it is only updated when you sync w/ jEmplode, so it's really songs played within the last five days of my last sync

Re: Problems with jEmplode - 09/09/2004 12:59

I never got a response on my followup ... Can you give me more info about this soup? I tried to duplicate this with a search soup on the Empeg along with an All soup in jEmplode-only and could not get this to happen. What is the soup definition of the one that is always being marked dirty?