jemplode source

Posted by: polo

jemplode source - 17/01/2007 17:59

hi,
Would anyone know whether or not the source to jemplode is available? The archive http://www.jempeg.org/current/jemplode-src.zip comes up not found. My jemplode jar has the archive built in august of 05' which isn't *too* long ago so I'm hoping someone will direct me to the source location.

What I'd like to write is a jemplode plugin to sync my amarok playlists with the my empeg. Making life one step toward easier. Thanks for any help you can offer.

-jeff
Posted by: cushman

Re: jemplode source - 17/01/2007 18:16

Quote:
Would anyone know whether or not the source to jemplode is available? The archive http://www.jempeg.org/current/jemplode-src.zip comes up not found.

PM mschrag on this BBS, he should be able to zip up something and post it or send it to you. I may be able to dig up an earlier copy of the source code, but there were some .jar files missing and such that you'll need, too. After I got it built from source from the first time the plugin stuff is pretty easy (although I just outputted data from jEmplode, not synched playlists or such).
Posted by: polo

Re: jemplode source - 17/01/2007 20:21

Posting an archive of the most recent source would be appreciated. Hopefully the extra lib's you mentioned will be easily found. Thanks for the effort!

From looking at the doc's the plugin arch looks straight foward but I'd have to puruse the source to see if playlist sync is possible.
Posted by: theGecko

Re: jemplode source - 26/04/2008 19:51

Another year on and I was wondering if the source is readily available for jemplode. Who do I need to speak to? smile

Cheers!

Rob
Posted by: cushman

Re: jemplode source - 28/04/2008 18:35

I just looked and I can't find my old copy of the source. It was a previous version, anyway. mschrag would be the only one who can provide this unless someone else has it. Have you tried a PM?
Posted by: LittleBlueThing

Re: jemplode source - 28/04/2008 19:31

I was hoping to get Jemplode rebuilt this spring but life happened instead smile

AFAIK the latest available is 69.0000001 linked here:
http://empegbbs.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=305077#Post305077

I did some minor decompiling of v70 to see if I could identify a delta but got distracted...
Posted by: tman

Re: jemplode source - 28/04/2008 21:27

Somebody was looking for this awhile ago and they also weren't able to find the latest source. Not seen mschrag on here for ages now.
Posted by: LittleBlueThing

Re: jemplode source - 29/04/2008 06:23

tman - IIRC there was a licensing issue with some code which is why it was actively removed. I think we're staying a little under the radar here for the sake of getting things working...

I did contact the Dan Zimmerman, author of com.tffenterprises.music.io.TaggedFile and owner of jempeg.org but he said:
Quote:
It's _certainly_ not going to happen under a GPL license, as I am not a fan of the GPL. That code hasn't been worked on for a while, and may not be in a good state for public release; in particular, it doesn't understand ID3v2.4.

Despite continuing:
Quote:
Hmm. As a computer science professor specializing in software engineering tools, I can assure you that bits in compiled source code (as compared to bits on optical or magnetic media) do not "rot"... smile

(!) Hmm indeed. As a Technical Architect working in the real world... <grin>

He did add:
Quote:
But I can understand the desire to rebuild it from scratch. If we figure out some reasonable way to release the source (which may take a little while; we're pretty busy doing various things), I'll let you know. If you have any questions, let me know.

So here's the docs he gave me on that... maybe there will be source or maybe having the docs will allow migration to an open library?
Posted by: theGecko

Re: jemplode source - 03/05/2008 09:09

Cheers guys.
Shame such a great tool can't be opened up a little for many to make it greater smile