Userland app Viewer updated (last time I swear :))

Posted by: jheathco

Userland app Viewer updated (last time I swear :)) - 07/03/2002 22:40

Viewer is updated (I _had_ to do it). Anyways, now you can browser folders and such, and then display files. It starts out in the root folder, but you can move around to anywhere you want.

It takes a second or two to start displaying stuff and process menu selections, so don't freak if your screen goes blank for a sec.

Get it here: http://www.heathcosoft.com/empeg/viewer
Source here: http://www.heathcosoft.com/empeg/viewer.c

This really is the last update I'll do , but it pretty much does all it needs to (IMHO).

Re: Userland app Viewer updated (last time I swear :)) - 08/03/2002 00:40

By the way, mlord, this allows you display all of the files in /proc, etc., anywhere.... it's pretty neat...
Posted by: crazymelki

Re: Userland app Viewer updated (last time I swear :)) - 08/03/2002 01:31

Cool, Yesterday after I installed the Viewer I was thinking about this browsing feature...Thanks and keep development going...not stopping...I am thinking about a universal viewer for bitmaps, text, sheets, pdf ....
Posted by: mlord

Re: Userland app Viewer updated (last time I swear :)) - 08/03/2002 07:23

Excellent!

The Empeg guys could really make use of this too. When a unit locks up (if that ever happens again..), one now has two options for trying to get lockup information from the player: (1) use HTTP/FTP to surf to /proc, or if those don't work, try the file-browser app!

Too CL!!

(pun intended)

Re: Userland app Viewer updated (last time I swear :)) - 08/03/2002 10:45

Mark,

Is there not a possiblity to make a real default data directory instead of the root directory...So we can put all data or information in this directory.

the first version was only able to open one file. and this one starts in the root! But a default data directory will be awesome....

thanks Melkon

Re: Userland app Viewer updated (last time I swear :)) - 08/03/2002 11:40

I think that's more a question for John than for me!

Re: Userland app Viewer updated (last time I swear :)) - 08/03/2002 11:47

Yeeh...I know, but he was writing something about his last release ....

Re: Userland app Viewer updated (last time I swear :)) - 08/03/2002 11:49

What I did is just created a text folder in the root. If I do happen to create another version (which I likely possible because I lie a lot), I'll think about having it look for a certain directory and then starting in root if it can't find it.

Mark, I notice that if I leave my player on all night, then go back into my program, the screen just goes blank and I can control the player. It looks like a bug, but I have no way of telling if it's my userland app or something in hijack interacting with userland apps... any ideas?

Re: Userland app Viewer updated (last time I swear :)) - 08/03/2002 11:58

If you leave your app "active" overnight on the display, maybe something weird can happen.. dunno.

Re: Userland app Viewer updated (last time I swear :)) - 08/03/2002 12:02

No biggie, doesn't really matter cause it takes 2 seconds to reboot anyway and I'll never have it on in the car for that long.