code query

Posted by: hardvark

code query - 06/05/2002 17:55

Im wanting to learn about programming the mpeg unit. I've dwnloaded the code tree and made it work, I can build kernels and they work. I patched the tree using all the patches off the empeg sight. While i was applying the patches I skimmed through them because I was inerested in seeing what was added, I saw something that puzzled me in the betea3-beta7 upgrade. Theres a lot of code in there tahts labelled 'composite'. It's not enabled in the standard kernel, if I enable it does it make video come out somewhere? Thanks for answering my questions anyone who knows.

hardVark
Posted by: tfabris

Re: code query - 06/05/2002 18:59

There's no video output on the player, so the word "Composite" must have another meaning in that context. Don't know what it is.
Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: code query - 07/05/2002 03:41

Could it be code for a different product still in the source tree for beta 7?
Posted by: rob

Re: code query - 07/05/2002 06:20

It's a third party project which cannot be discussed (nothing to do with empeg/SB). Of course any code in the kernel is open and you can make of it what you will.

Rob
Posted by: smu

Re: code query - 07/05/2002 08:00

Hi Tony.

From the looks of the source, this is indeed a composite video board. At least it says composite and talks about empeg screen width and height, pixels and so on. I just can't make out why there is some mention of IDE in some variable (or was it function?) named.

cu,
sven
Posted by: tman

Re: code query - 07/05/2002 09:09

I guess it is attached as an IDE device and accessed that way. There is code above it for a LCD on IDE as well...

- Trevor
Posted by: tfabris

Re: code query - 07/05/2002 10:06

I stand corrected.
Posted by: foxtrot_xray

Re: code query - 07/05/2002 19:22

Because I'm bad at grammar...
The project has nothing to do with Empeg/SB, or
The code snippits have nothing to do with the Empeg/SB?

Me.
Posted by: Terminator

Re: code query - 07/05/2002 23:18

Didnt patrick mention something was in the works for a client a few months ago?
Posted by: rob

Re: code query - 08/05/2002 04:42

The project has nothing to do with us, although the code is written by some of the usual suspects (in personal time).

Rob