Two Head Units Install Diagram - Comments Anyone?

Posted by: Caps

Two Head Units Install Diagram - Comments Anyone? - 28/07/2002 12:22

I have been looking at the electronics in my car all morning, and I think that I have come up with a plan that will connect it. I am attempting to connect my existing radio/tape player that is in the car now as a slave to the empeg.

The issues I had are that there are 8 wires going out to the speakers now, but the empeg only can handle 2 wires in. Plus I am not sure about the AUX input ground(22), I will have to look through the FAQ to see if it goes to the normal ground on the radio or what.

And do I need to use the Telephone mute wire? I don't even have a cell phone, and my car doesn't have a place for it.

Another question is whether there will be enough power on the headlight sense and ignition sense lines if it is split. I am pretty sure there should be, but I just want to be sure.

You can find the image here:
http://www.public.asu.edu/~rcappo/Wiring_Diagram.jpg

Thanks for all your help.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Two Head Units Install Diagram - Comments Anyone? - 28/07/2002 12:26

According to your wiring diagram, your head unit has speaker outputs rather than RCA line-level outputs.

Do not connect speaker outputs to line-level inputs. The empeg does not have speaker-level inputs.

You can purchase a speaker-level-to-line-level converter box and then this would work. Note that you only need one of the ouput pairs from the head unit (either the front pair or the rear pair).
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Two Head Units Install Diagram - Comments Anyone? - 28/07/2002 12:29

Other than that, the diagram looks correct.

Well, except for the fact that you show six speakers coming off of a four-channel amplifier, but I won't get into that.
Posted by: Caps

Re: Two Head Units Install Diagram - Comments Anyone? - 28/07/2002 13:11

Thanks!

It's the little stuff like that that I'm worried about.

I know about the 6 speakers, I will figure a way to hook them up to the amp when I get to that part.

I think you saved me a lot of time and headaches attempting how to fix that problem.
Posted by: thinfourth2

Re: Two Head Units Install Diagram - Comments Anyone? - 30/07/2002 02:01

Okay six speakers four channels will go providing you have one set of full range speakers (e,g decent pair of 6 by 9s with built in tweeter) and a set of woofers or mids Not sub woofers and a set of crossovers and a set of tweeters.

The full range speakers would go to the rear of the car and then the tweeters and mids/woofers would go to the front of the car.

Just to repeat what tony said don't put speaker outputs into empeg you may toast it