Atlanta area empeg installation

Posted by: sTeeve

Atlanta area empeg installation - 04/11/2002 19:29

Hi folks,
I've been searching the boards and haven't come up with any hits. Can anyone recommend a professional installer in the Atlanta, Ga. area? I'm not sure I want to tackle it myself!

-sTeeve
Posted by: acurasquirrel_

Re: Atlanta area empeg installation - 04/11/2002 21:20

What kinda car you got Ive done my share of installs and id be willing to help ya out.
Posted by: ciscokid455

Re: Atlanta area empeg installation - 07/11/2002 16:49

depends on where you are in atlanta..
I have talked to a few places..and found a select few that I think can do a decent job.

Re: Atlanta area empeg installation - 13/11/2002 17:10

Sorry for the delay in responding. 97 Mustang GT convertible. I'm looking at head units that are a good fit w/the empeg. Been surfing Crutchfield for tuner/cd combo. Any suggestions?

Re: Atlanta area empeg installation - 13/11/2002 17:11

I work at Emory University and live in Avondale Estates (E. of Decatur).

Re: Atlanta area empeg installation - 19/11/2002 22:40

well, i'm up in central/north cobb...
and the place i'm talking about is off sl120 and 41, er...one block north of that intersection.
it's like soundadvice or something..
That's south loop 120 @ 41.
Posted by: jbradshw

Re: Atlanta area empeg installation - 20/11/2002 16:09

Yeah that's the name of the place. I personally installed my Empeg in my car (Pathfinder) but I recently ripped out all my audio gear (head-unit, empeg, amp, etc) because I thought i was going to sell the car but now i decided im not going to so I'm actually thinking about having someone install all of it for me so it will look professional because I don't want to deal with all that cable running, etc. Plus on my installation from before I was getting whining in the sound so i'm hoping if they install it, I won't have that problem. I hope it won't cost too much though.
Posted by: acurasquirrel_

Re: Atlanta area empeg installation - 21/11/2002 08:40

I seriously wouldnt mind helping you guys out if you need it ive install more stereos than I can count and Im very good about hiding cables and running them in the correct places.

Re: Atlanta area empeg installation - 22/11/2002 12:03

ok, i drove by yesterday and now I don't remember the name..
I think it's sound sensations.
(7)427-1600???
I took my riocar in...showed it to them..
I wanted to have it installed with my sony hu, which also runs a 10disc changer and mini disc changer...
they quoted me $300 I think..
it's been a while though..

Re: Atlanta area empeg installation - 02/12/2002 17:16

Yeah that's it.. Sound Sensations.. not sure why i said Sound Advice was it.. maybe that's another place I'm thinking of.. anyways..

Damn.. $300 is a lot of money to spend for an install.. at least to me it is. There's no telling what they would charge me to install mine with my HU and my amp. I could install mine again but I'm afraid I'll have that whining sound again and I'm not sure what's causing it.
Posted by: klaruz

Re: Atlanta area empeg installation - 03/12/2002 14:45

I was quoted $305 in omaha NE to have the following installed in my 02 cougar:

Empeg, 4 chan amp, 4 speakers, powered sub.

That was including all the power wiring, audio wiring, and adapter plate for the empeg. So I figure it was just under $200 for the labor, which isn't bad considering how much work is involved.

I'm contemplating if I want to do it myself so I can build an enclosure thing for my trunk to mount everything on, that way I can just lift it out when I get rid of the car and keep my amp/sub. The biggest problem I have is it's going to be REALLY cold out side soon, and my garage is narrow and unheated. Anybody in the omaha/lincoln area have a garage I can use? I know one of the big empeg hackers lives in lincoln someplace...

Re: Atlanta area empeg installation - 23/12/2002 13:49

Well I installed everything (HU, Empeg, Amp) back in my SUV (Pathfinder) this past weekend and after about 6 hours and some cuts and bruises everything worked on the first try. I have to say I was pretty happy.. no fuses blew or anything and even better the whining is gone!