Jeep Wrangler & Tuner module question

Posted by: oxymoron822

Jeep Wrangler & Tuner module question - 02/04/2003 06:58

Has anyone who has installed the Tuner module in a Jeep Wrangler, or other Jeep vehicle noticed a extreme drop in the number of stations/signal quality from a factory/other radio. If so do you have any thoughts on what might be done to improve this? Thanks
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Jeep Wrangler & Tuner module question - 02/04/2003 07:07

I don't have a Jepp, but you might try searching on ``antenna'' in the FAQ. There are some known issues, one of which being that you might have a powered antenna that you're now not powering, which seems like the most likely initial possibility to me.
Posted by: Yang

Re: Jeep Wrangler & Tuner module question - 02/04/2003 07:23

I've looked in the service manual for the '03 Jeep Liberty I just bought and it indeed does have a powered antenna. What year of Wrangler do you have, as my roomate just moved his head-unit into the '99 model he got a couple weeks ago. Granted, there aren't that many stations around here, but there wasn't any signal loss that we could notice.
Posted by: oxymoron822

Re: Jeep Wrangler & Tuner module question - 02/04/2003 14:47

I have a 99 Wrangler
Posted by: Yang

Re: Jeep Wrangler & Tuner module question - 02/04/2003 17:20

Here's the pinout diagram for the Jeep Grand Cherokee (aparently the same for all Jeeps for 1999-2001), and there's no wire for a powered antenna. From what I can tell from my service manual, the antenna module in the Liberty is only for the export model.