Installing a Rio into an NSX!? Need Advice

Posted by: coolsi

Installing a Rio into an NSX!? Need Advice - 25/01/2002 17:59

I'm going to install it this weekend hopefully. Can anyone offer some suggestions? Its a 2001 NSX w/the factory CD player. I never worked on a NSX but i'm going to try. HELP!!!
Posted by: acurasquirrel

Re: Installing a Rio into an NSX!? Need Advice - 25/01/2002 18:02

here is some advice you hurt the NSX you will pay.............with your life.
Posted by: loren

Re: Installing a Rio into an NSX!? Need Advice - 25/01/2002 19:01

Hahah... who's NSX is it?
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Installing a Rio into an NSX!? Need Advice - 25/01/2002 19:04

Photos and details of an NSX install are here. Note that this is the NSX of the Empeg's inventor himself.

PVC-clad "MEX PAAAH" model is an optional add-on part.

Re: Installing a Rio into an NSX!? Need Advice - 25/01/2002 19:07

What do you mean? The NSX is my daily driver. hahaha This install should be fun, especially the test drive afterward.

Re: Installing a Rio into an NSX!? Need Advice - 25/01/2002 19:15

Thanks Tony! I wonder what they did with the factory radio? That install place did a nice job. I having second thoughts on this install, now. URGH!!!
Posted by: hybrid8

Re: Installing a Rio into an NSX!? Need Advice - 25/01/2002 20:52

Have you been in an NSX before? My friend has one. Unless you plan to make a custom cover for the center console or modify the existing one, don't even start the empeg install.

For a nice fit and finish you'll want to measure everything out, take out the center console cover, remove the factory head and figure out how you want to proceed.

There is at least one replacement center cover/frame available somewhere that might be suitable for mounting the empeg. I'm sure you would be able to find out at NSX Prime. I know my friend has seen people talking about it before. It's definitely upwards of US$100 (probably more than $200).

Bruno