Single Button Press --> EQ

Posted by: tanstaafl.

Single Button Press --> EQ - 31/10/2000 17:48

I would like to be able to press a single button on the remote one time, and no matter where I was in the menu/playlist structure, be taken to the equalizer. Then press the same button again and be returned to where I was before.

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Single Button Press --> EQ - 31/10/2000 18:01

I think that's gonna be on the new remote. I thought there was an "Equalizer" button on there somewhere...

Re: Single Button Press --> EQ - 31/10/2000 18:15

I thought there was an "Equalizer" button on there somewhere...

What used to be the CD-MD-CH button is now labelled "SOUND" with the word Equalizer (oops, excuse me, that's Equaliser) written under it. Whether or not it will take you to EQ settings with a single press... ??

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"
Posted by: Wire

Re: Single Button Press --> EQ - 01/11/2000 06:32

Me too!

I nice way to do it, could be to let the user configure keys 0-9 on the remote to actually *do* something when the player isn't in a menu. I find it strange that this isn't optimized yet :)

Lars
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Single Button Press --> EQ - 01/11/2000 10:58

I nice way to do it, could be to let the user configure keys 0-9 on the remote to actually *do* something when the player isn't in a menu. I find it strange that this isn't optimized yet :)

The 0-9 keys currently do do something when the user isn't in a menu. They perform the "tweak order" functions.

Note that keys 1 and 4 deliberately don't do anything because I whined that they corresponded with the volume keys if you accidentally had the remote upside-down in the dark.

Re: Single Button Press --> EQ - 01/11/2000 20:59

it has to be dark?

Re: Single Button Press --> EQ - 02/11/2000 06:26

The 0-9 keys currently do do something when the user isn't in a menu. They perform the "tweak order" functions.

Okay, dunno how I forgot about that. Perhaps because my empeg isn't that organized yet :)

But I would think it was A Nice Thing (A.N.T (r)), if the keys 0-9 were programmable. They can be assigned as tweak order stuff per default, but being able to change them to a specific menu entry.

Heck, you can even be allowed to let the keys 1 and 4 do nothing.

But for us driving in daylight, with a dollop of epoxy on the remote or with blind friends, it would be nice to have the keys assignable.

Lars