Option to suppress "Plays" display in Track info

Posted by: hybrid8

Option to suppress "Plays" display in Track info - 12/12/2001 06:48

This has been mentioned in at least another thread, but I don't know if it's ever had its own wish posted.

How about an option (somewhere, even config.ini for all I care :) to prevent the display of "Plays" item in the Track Info display?

Also, has anyone tested the ability of the software to scroll the album title properly when the Plays counter is displaying three or more digits? This is something best done by artificially inflating the counter obviously. I can't change this value in emplode, so I can't test it (so maybe someone else with lower-level access).

Bruno
Posted by: rtundo

Re: Option to suppress "Plays" display in Track info - 12/12/2001 08:50

I agree with Bruno. The plays display IMO does not add useful info to the screen and I rather display a little more of the song info. Is it possible to add another screen display option using mlord's hack that doesn't have the plays option or for customizing the display info??
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Option to suppress "Plays" display in Track info - 12/12/2001 12:17

I actually put the "plays" thing as a bug in the intern bug list very early on (back in the 1.1 days) and was shot down.
Posted by: hybrid8

Re: Option to suppress "Plays" display in Track info - 12/12/2001 13:30

Even i would have shot that down. :) Obviously it was an intentional feature. But I think it's an obscure enough informational item that would be best served with a toggle in the ini file or emplode player options dialog.

Bruno
Posted by: Fastrack

Re: Option to suppress - 13/12/2001 08:15

I like seeing the # of plays :) But it might be handy to remove it if the song name is long.