Can we disable the seconds display on the clock?

Posted by: ProtonVehiCROSS

Can we disable the seconds display on the clock? - 12/02/2002 22:37

It would really enhance my enjoyment of the player if I could configure the clock not to display seconds -- it makes it a little harder to read when driving, and it is also a bit confusing because it looks like a timestamp or track elapsed time at first glance.

Secondarily, it would be nice to disable the flashing ":" symbol in the clock visuals -- I find it distracting. I like the plain, old unexciting Windows clock -- no flashing ":" and no seconds.

We have lots of different date formats -- could we have a couple different clock styles--one with seconds, and one without?

I would be very happy if you would throw in a setting (even config.ini?) that would disable seconds. I'm sure at least a few of the other 3,000+ owners would like thi feature. Thank you.
Posted by: ClemsonJeep

Re: Can we disable the seconds/Plays ... - 13/02/2002 10:37

I know I would. Who cares what second it is?

On the same note, can we have an option to disable the Plays: information on the info screen? I personally don't care how many times a song has played, and think it just adds to screen clutter.

Thanks,
Posted by: ElectricD7

Re: Can we disable the seconds display on the clock? - 13/02/2002 11:06

I asked for the same thing. Sometimes we get a little too techy and forget about functionality!
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: Can we disable the seconds display on the clock? - 13/02/2002 11:25

I work in broadcast video. I would like, hours, minutes, seconds AND frame count!
Posted by: cwillenbrock

Re: Can we disable the seconds/Plays ... - 30/04/2002 16:14

I would also like to pipe in (months later) and voice my complaint about the Plays counter. I really dislike that it takes up space on my Info:Track display, and causes the annoying scoll back and forth effect (my other complaint from v2) on even more album titles.

Last I remember they were discussing it internally, but I might have missed it if they made a call on this issue either way.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Can we disable the seconds/Plays ... - 30/04/2002 16:22

I asked for the plays counter to be removed from that screen a long time ago. I think I even asked this on the internal bug list, and I was shot down.
Posted by: smu

Re: Can we disable the seconds/Plays ... - 04/05/2002 14:06

Just to back you up (*):
I really think the plays counter is
  • inaccurate
  • an information for the "details" screen (or scrolling screen that is), not for the "Track" screen
cu,
sven

(*) but also to express my most sincere opinion.
Posted by: Shonky

Re: Can we disable the seconds/Plays ... - 04/05/2002 17:21

Tony,

Did they give you a reason when you got "shot down". To me shot down implies they had a really good reason not to remove it.
Posted by: justinlarsen

Re: Can we disable the seconds/Plays ... - 06/05/2002 02:18

i accully really liek the play counter its interesting,, but anyways what was the really good reason no to remove it?
Posted by: csf

Re: Can we disable the seconds/Plays ... - 06/05/2002 10:04

I think it's interesting to see what songs I have listened to, but I was shocked, ashamed and dismayed when Aqua and Backstreet Boys (one song each on a compilation CD that I always ff through) had more plays than Blue Dogs, Jupiter Coyote, The Connells and the other "good" bands.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Can we disable the seconds/Plays ... - 06/05/2002 11:39

Any relation to Will?