Rio DJ feature, like on Rio Riot

Posted by: loren

Rio DJ feature, like on Rio Riot - 21/02/2002 17:57

Okay, i've been doing some research on a portable HD based player for my girlfriend, and was checking out the Rio Riot when i noticed something pretty cool.

Go to the Riot [url=http://www.riohome.com/audio/rio/rio_riot.asp]homepage[\url], click demo, play music, then Rio DJ. Check out the cool options! Entertain me, Play All, Top Tunes, New Music, Memory Lane, Sounds of... and Random Play. I know we can do some of this already on the empeg... but is there any plan to impliment the other ones on the empeg?

If those things were $100 cheaper i'd order one right now. Nice interface.
Posted by: rob

Re: Rio DJ feature, like on Rio Riot - 21/02/2002 18:02

I think the only mode that can't be achieved with a custom shuffle is "Entertain me for n minutes". Almost all of those play modes are also present in the Rio Central soup views, but we didn't give them such cool titles.

Rob
Posted by: loren

Re: Rio DJ feature, like on Rio Riot - 21/02/2002 18:05

I figured you'd say that. =] How would you do "New Music"?
Posted by: genixia

Re: Rio DJ feature, like on Rio Riot - 21/02/2002 18:10

"Entertain me for x minutes is easy". Start your chosen playlist and then use Hijack's countdown timer function
Posted by: peter

Re: Rio DJ feature, like on Rio Riot - 22/02/2002 03:47

How would you do "New Music"?

You'd set up a custom shuffle on the ctime field. Unfortunately though, this doesn't yet work in the 2.0 betas. Once it works, it will probably become one of the built-in shuffle modes.

Peter
Posted by: svferris

Re: Rio DJ feature, like on Rio Riot - 22/02/2002 11:40

Yeah, I tried designing a New Music shuffle mode, but it didn't seem to work quite right. Although, if I remember right, I think I got an "Oldest First" shuffle mode working.

I guess I'll just wait for the Empeg guys to implement it themselves.
Posted by: justinlarsen

Re: Rio DJ feature, like on Rio Riot - 23/02/2002 07:33

ya that definatly looks like cool stuff.. maybe a new suffle mode in future rls of the software