541 Remote Command Failed

Posted by: MHC

541 Remote Command Failed - 19/10/2002 04:08

I'm trying to install emptris. I've ftp'd it to the player. That's pretty much where I stopped. I can't get any commands to work. I'm using dos ftp on win2k. When I ls, I only see "swapfile", none of the directories. So I had a friend of mine ftp to the player. He wasn't able to untar the file on the empeg. tar wasn't executible. He copied to his machine, untared, uploaded the emptris file and wasn't able to run it on the empeg via ftp.

I'm running 2.0b11 and version 246 of hijack (300 was giving me the same error that everyone else is having, so I rolled back). Any ideas on this?

-Christian
Posted by: tfabris

Re: 541 Remote Command Failed - 19/10/2002 09:39

Ideas: Drives need to be RW'd before copying the file, file needs to be executable (chmod 755), and then drives need to be RO'd after copying/tagging, and then it has to be run from the shell prompt with the command ./emptris (the dot and slash are important).

To run it from the player's main menu is tricky because it involves installing preinit...

Someone please invent something simpler.
Posted by: jaharkes

Re: 541 Remote Command Failed - 19/10/2002 09:40

You can not execute commands in ftp. For that you need a shell prompt (i.e. hook up a serial cable and use hyperterminal, press q to exit the player and get a shell prompt at which you can run tar.
Posted by: MHC

Re: 541 Remote Command Failed - 19/10/2002 12:21

Do I need the developer image on the player?

-Christian
Posted by: jaharkes

Re: 541 Remote Command Failed - 19/10/2002 12:31

yes
Posted by: AndrewT

Re: 541 Remote Command Failed - 19/10/2002 17:41

To run it from the player's main menu is tricky because it involves installing preinit...

Someone please invent something simpler.

Amen.