Synchronization failure at...nowhere!

Posted by: tfabris

Synchronization failure at...nowhere! - 07/04/2000 22:00

Since Beta 10a, I haven't seen a single synch failure report on this board. I've added a second disk drive and I've been uploading a bunch of stuff over the last several days and haven't seen a single problem myself.

Could it be that all the synch bugs have really been swatted?

Could it be that I'm jinxing it by bringing it up?

Tony Fabris
Empeg #144
Posted by: Big John

Re: Synchronization failure at...nowhere! - 09/04/2000 03:22

Hi Tony,

In reply to:

Since Beta 10a, I haven't seen a single synch failure report on this board. I've added a second disk drive and I've been uploading a bunch of stuff over the last several days and haven't seen a single problem myself.

Could it be that all the synch bugs have really been swatted?

Could it be that I'm jinxing it by bringing it up?

I got a stage 5 with 0xffffffff last night after a mammoth 7 hour upload! I was writing a post on this forum whilst the empeg was rebuilding via emplode. I imagined I'd have a thousand+ tracks in my UNATTACHED folder - but I guess the empeg had topped out of disk space. It was all in the right place with 5MB free on the player. I dumped the post... I guess the free space calculations arn't quite correct for emplode to allow me to send the files in the first place? Slack space problem?

Regards,

Posted by: eternalsun

Re: Synchronization failure at...nowhere! - 10/04/2000 13:39

Yep Tony just jinxed up the works.

Calvin

Posted by: markin

Re: Synchronization failure at...nowhere! - 18/04/2000 20:04

I get this error with any sync that is more then 100 MB or so.

I notice that after I closed everything that was running in the background that it does not fail. I just did a 5 CD (300-400MB) and it worked ok. To be on the safe side I did not touch the computer while it was syncing.

Empeg #249.