equalizer controls bug

Posted by: image

equalizer controls bug - 30/01/2003 22:53

not sure if this would be called a feature or not, but when you're in the eq screen.... and you're in the middle right in the begining... you usually use the track fwd/back buttons to get to the bars...

if you use the volume while in the middle, and then use track fwd/back... it changes the track. in the rest of the player, any track fwd/back press while the volume bar is displayed only escapes the display.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: equalizer controls bug - 31/01/2003 09:47

I wish the track fwd/back worked when the volume bar is up even in the regular screen.

I even put it on the internal bug list, and was shot down.
Posted by: mlord

Re: equalizer controls bug - 31/01/2003 11:08

That's very odd.. the next/prev track buttons on the Rio Remote appear to work just fine for me when the volume popup is on the screen, but no so for the front-panel next/prev buttons..

I suppose a quick ir-translate could "fix" that.. or would it have nasty side-effects? Probably.

[ir_translate]
Left=PrevTrack
Right=NextTrack

Re: equalizer controls bug - 31/01/2003 11:29

the next/prev track buttons on the Rio Remote appear to work just fine for me when the volume popup is on the screen, but no so for the front-panel next/prev buttons..

I tried that argument... (consistency)...

I think the remote works correctly in this instance.
Posted by: AndrewT

Re: equalizer controls bug - 31/01/2003 14:37

I wish the track fwd/back worked when the volume bar is up even in the regular screen

Me too, it's a bit of a PITA. I really can't think of a good reason for this behaviour except that I suppose some would call it "predictable". Perhaps a compromise would be to make the volume bar disappear when the fwd/back buttons were pressed?

What reasons were cited for this not being accepted as a bug (of sorts)?

Re: equalizer controls bug - 31/01/2003 14:50

Well, maybe the guys will chime in here and give their reasons...
Posted by: Chimaera

Re: equalizer controls bug - 31/01/2003 14:55

Maybe adjusting the volume on a MK1 without using the remote played some part in that decision?

Re: equalizer controls bug - 31/01/2003 15:22

Possibly, but wouldn't it be nice if the Mk2 behaved differently? They are different player apps after all.
Posted by: Roger

Re: equalizer controls bug - 01/02/2003 02:07

Perhaps a compromise would be to make the volume bar disappear when the fwd/back buttons were pressed?

It already does. And it took me about 3 months to persuade Mike to even go that far.

Tony would've had no chance.
Posted by: image

Re: equalizer controls bug - 01/02/2003 08:52

It already does. And it took me about 3 months to persuade Mike to even go that far.

so is my bug report valid then? it doesnt disappear in the situation i've stated.... might as well be consistent in all of the player.
Posted by: Roger

Re: equalizer controls bug - 03/02/2003 03:44

so is my bug report valid then?

Looks like it.