unable to switch off rds-af?

Posted by: Lemmy

unable to switch off rds-af? - 07/04/2003 16:31

seems that you can't switch off AF in 2.0??

been listening to a station with bad reception and it kept trying other frequencies. Hit upon one which happened to be on one of the AF frequencies, but a totally different station, and too weak to get any PI code across..
So i switched off AF, but the empeg still kept trying to cycle through the frequencies, and got stuck every time on that frequency...

bye,
[L]
Posted by: mlord

Re: unable to switch off rds-af? - 08/04/2003 16:32

Try again with Hijack-v330 (unless you see the problem even without Hijack installed).
Posted by: AndrewT

Re: unable to switch off rds-af? - 08/04/2003 16:56

I think the Hijack page needs updating - v330 isn't listed anywhere although the file IS there for download.
Posted by: Henno

Re: unable to switch off rds-af? - 09/04/2003 14:49

> station with bad reception .. kept trying other frequencies
> Hit upon one which happened to be on one of the AF frequencies, but a totally different station.

I can confirm this. My empeg does the same since using v2.0
Switching AF (or TA) on or off doesn't make any difference. Am not using Hijack or any other plug-in.

It does this continuously to my favorite station, within 20 seconds after tuning into it manually. Will be going back to the previous (beta) version soon.

On this: should I install the entire beta suite, or can I replace the empeg software by itself; keeping the PC-part unchanged (at v2.0)? Any caveats? Thanks

Posted by: Taym

Re: unable to switch off rds-af? - 11/04/2003 01:59

I am interested in this too. I am afraid I'll have to switch back but hopefully we will not have to reinstall emplode b13... ?
Posted by: Lemmy

Re: unable to switch off rds-af? - 12/04/2003 12:50

I don't have hijack...

bye,
[L]
Posted by: boxer

Re: unable to switch off rds-af? - 14/04/2003 02:36

Was this on a preset, or not - I did a great deal of driving round, friday, and concluded that the AF when seeking traffic announcements, and stations on presets were the problem.
Lemmy, See my posting on your thread under general.