Emplode has trouble with huge syncs.

Posted by: pgrzelak

Emplode has trouble with huge syncs. - 21/07/2003 17:47

Greetings!

While I know I am really pushing it, emplode has trouble when you sync huge (in this case about 70GB worth of data) at one type. It seems to be able to sync only a limited amount of playlists. After that magic point (I will try to get a count of how many playlists that would be in a few minutes), it errors out with a code 0xc004101e.

Not your common error, or even a bug. But possibly worth mentioning.
Posted by: canuckInOR

Re: Emplode has trouble with huge syncs. - 21/07/2003 22:47

Heh. What's the chances that anyone other than you would find this?
Posted by: JimCamel

Re: Emplode has trouble with huge syncs. - 27/05/2009 02:41

To completely graverob an old thread, was this ever resolved? I had the same error trying to upload 52 gig onto my Mk1, I had to split it into halves to get it to work. Not a major issue, just curious.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Emplode has trouble with huge syncs. - 27/05/2009 03:18

Unlikely to have been resolved if you were using the latest non-alpha software for the player and for emplode.

You should be running version 2.00 final for both. If you were, and if you still got the error, then odds are, no it didn't get resolved.

Keep in mind that some sync errors are due to hardware trouble. For instance if you try to uploade 50 gigs all at once, maybe it made the drives really hot inside the player casing.

Re: Emplode has trouble with huge syncs. - 27/05/2009 06:28

Fair enough, it's not a huge issue, as it stands uploading that much data to the player takes forever. It's been over 24 hours now and to do the first 40gb. It doesn't seem to be a heat issue, as the failures happen to every file immediately after syncing, but if you go back and try and upload less files a second time it's good as gold.
Posted by: andy

Re: Emplode has trouble with huge syncs. - 27/05/2009 08:09

Upload failures with large sync plagued me on all software versions when syncing over USB. It seems many people got stable large syncs on USB in the end with the later software versions, but I never did.

Luckily for me I had more success over Ethernet. Unfortunately not an option for you on your Mk1.
Posted by: Ross Wellington

Re: Emplode has trouble with huge syncs. - 27/05/2009 22:23

I had similar issues until I went to Ethernet too.

Try it, you'll like it.

Ross

Re: Emplode has trouble with huge syncs. - 27/05/2009 22:43

As much as I'd like to, Mk1's don't have ethernet, and I'm yet to find a Mk2 in my price range.
Posted by: Ross Wellington

Re: Emplode has trouble with huge syncs. - 29/05/2009 17:02

Didn't notice you had a Mk1.

Ross