Player ..... .... stalls.

Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Player ..... .... stalls. - 07/09/2003 22:27

I've had a weird thing happen since adding my 80gb drive (I have a 60 and an 80). The player will occationally stop playing and the screen with go blank. Then, about 3 seconds later, it will come back to life and start playing again. But it does not need a reboot. It just picks up where it left off. (Only happens in-car). I'm really thinking that maybe I'm having power issues in my car.. Is this behavior symptomatic of anything?

I'm running 2.00Final w/o HiJack.
Posted by: lectric

Re: Player ..... .... stalls. - 07/09/2003 22:48

Does the battery light show up? It sounds more like the buffer is empty and it has to spin p the drives to read more info. Perhaps the larger drives require more spinup or seek time.
Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: Player ..... .... stalls. - 08/09/2003 04:56

Mmm... I am not so sure. It could be a power issue also. If you have a sudden drain, you will see that kind of effect also without the battery indicator kicking in. Is there any kind of pattern that would point to power - i.e., lights on, AC on, electric defrosters on, brake lights, stopped in traffic for long periods of time, etc.

Re: Player ..... .... stalls. - 08/09/2003 05:38

Lectric, that's kinda what I was thinking. Paul, yes the battery icon does come on as it's resumeing.

I havn't been able to pick up much of a pattern, but I'm wondering if AC (or defrost) might be the cause. I do know that volume is not an issue, but I have a low wattage amp.
Posted by: Waterman981

Re: Player ..... .... stalls. - 08/09/2003 23:05

I've been having the same problem. Both with and without hijack. My player is directly connected to my battery (with inline fuse), but only happens when I am say pulling up to a light and my RPM's drop. So I'm pretty sure it's my battery. It could use replacing either way. When is it happening while driving? Is it always under the same circumstances?

Re: Player ..... .... stalls. - 03/10/2003 18:00

This might be a power issue...

Headlights, FogLights, Defroster and wipers... had them all on and it was happening. Turned off the defrost and it didn't happen... damn, i hate power issues!
Posted by: siberia37

Re: Player ..... .... stalls. - 04/10/2003 11:17

I have a similar problem when I run my car on accessory. The empeg blanks out and comes back as the hard drives spin up. Then when I start my car it barely starts.. probably my battery is going and isn't able to keep the voltage high enough when a load is applied to it.
Posted by: Waterman981

Re: Player ..... .... stalls. - 06/10/2003 00:48

Remember to clean off your battery terminals, and connectors first thing... It helped me! (Although I still want a new battery, and alternator)