Wendy filter persistence?

Posted by: canuckInOR

Wendy filter persistence? - 18/09/2003 21:34

Hi,

Are Wendy filters supposed to be persistent? My parents were here for the weekend, and we did some driving. I turned on my sanitized filter, and every time I turned the truck off (say... to get petrol), the filter got turned off, as well. I think there was a thread somewhere about this saying it was a bug that got fixed, but not fixed, then really fixed in 2.0b13. I'm using the 2.0 final. Can anyone else confirm this?

Posted by: Chimaera

Re: Wendy filter persistence? - 19/09/2003 07:56

It never persisted for me in b13, so I ended up making a parent safe playlist that I just randomize, so I have never used the filters in 2.00Final.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Wendy filter persistence? - 19/09/2003 10:23

Darn, I remember that specifically being something on the main bug list.

Re: Wendy filter persistence? - 19/09/2003 10:25

Wait. Hang on a second.

How do you know the sanitization filter really was turned off?

Did you open up the "Filters" menu and notice that it defaulted to "Off"? Maybe it's one of those cases of the menu deliberately not showing you what the current setting is? You know, like the shuffle menu?
Posted by: tonyc

Re: Wendy filter persistence? - 19/09/2003 10:35

How do you know the sanitization filter really was turned off?
Maybe when his parents started hearing "Fuck the po-lice comin' straight from the underground..."
Posted by: Chimaera

Re: Wendy filter persistence? - 19/09/2003 10:58

Actually I got Puddle of Mudd's "She hates Me", luckily I realised what the song was and skipped it before it got to the offending words

Re: Wendy filter persistence? - 19/09/2003 11:24

Maybe when his parents started hearing "Fuck the po-lice comin' straight from the underground..."
Yeah, it gets really embarrassing when they start singing along and doing the "pop a cap" hand gestures...
Posted by: loren

Re: Wendy filter persistence? - 19/09/2003 12:46

LOL.
Posted by: JeffS

Re: Wendy filter persistence? - 20/09/2003 21:09

They are persistent for me. I keep turning on the one for my wife to get rid of all the stuff she doesn't like, and then days later I realize that my playlists are awfully limited . . .

Re: Wendy filter persistence? - 21/09/2003 11:01

Hm. If I recall correctly, in the "Info:Track" Screen a little letter F should appear if a filter is active...
Posted by: boxer

Re: Wendy filter persistence? - 23/09/2003 03:37

N.B. It cancels each time in 3.0Alpha, I know, I had Sclub7 on the way to work! - and the "F" had gone off from last use, I can't remember on 2.00 final.
Posted by: canuckInOR

Re: Wendy filter persistence? - 24/09/2003 03:23

I first noticed it due to the need for a couple quick "Next Track" button presses, and that's when I noticed that the little "F" was going away, as well.