explorer cut/paste bug ?

Posted by: amold

explorer cut/paste bug ? - 08/01/2001 00:10

When I copy and paste files from explorer (on win2k), emplode always switches the first and last file in the selection. Is this a known bug ?

Also, when I'm dragging and dropping files in a playlist, to change the order, I don't see a way to scroll while dragging. I have to drag a file to the top/bottom, scroll the window, then drag it the rest of the way. am I doing something wrong ?

Posted by: Roger

Re: explorer cut/paste bug ? - 08/01/2001 04:35

When I copy and paste files from explorer (on win2k), emplode always switches the first and last file in the selection. Is this a known bug ?

Yes. Windows does strange things with the ordering. Simple answer, select the first file, shift-select the last file, and then drag the first file into emplode. Usually works.

Also, when I'm dragging and dropping files in a playlist, to change the order, I don't see a way to scroll while dragging. I have to drag a file to the top/bottom, scroll the window, then drag it the rest of the way. am I doing something wrong ?

No. This is a bug. It should be fixed in v1.1

Roger - not necessarily speaking for empeg
Posted by: phaigh

Re: explorer cut/paste bug ? - 08/01/2001 09:15

If you've got a mouse with a wheel, you can use the mouse wheel to scoll up whilst still holding down the left button to drag. Well, it works for me anyway.

Cheers,

Paul.

Paul Haigh, Reg. 4120
(mk1) 6GB, Blue, 00254
(mk2) 12GB, Red, 00357
Posted by: tfabris

Re: explorer cut/paste bug ? - 08/01/2001 09:41

If you've got a mouse with a wheel, you can use the mouse wheel to scoll up whilst still holding down the left button to drag. Well, it works for me anyway.

NEAT TRICK!

This should tide me over until 1.1. (That particular problem has bothered me for a while.)

Dionysus, stick that one in the tips-n-tricks FAQ.

Re: explorer cut/paste bug ? - 09/01/2001 07:39

Thanks.

I found this by mistake actually - I'm a bit ham-fisted with my mouse (except during Q3 sessions)!

Cheers,

Paul.

Paul Haigh, Reg. 4120
(mk1) 6GB, Blue, 00254
(mk2) 12GB, Red, 00357