Clicking Sound in 1.03

Posted by: Kit

Clicking Sound in 1.03 - 05/06/2001 18:43

I am now getting a clicking sound about 30-40% of the time that I switch tracks while in my car with v1.03. I don't recall ever having this happen in the past. It seems to happen more frequently if I am rapidly moving through tracks with the next button on the fascia or remote.

Anyone else notice anything like this? I noticed a large patch in the kernel for 1.03 was DSP related. If I have a chance I will try downgrading to 1.02 and see if the problem goes away.

-Kit

Posted by: xanatos

Re: Clicking Sound in 1.03 - 05/06/2001 21:32

I haven't heard this yet. I'll pay more attention to this and see if I can hear it. Is it when you manually switch between songs, or when the song advances? It is in the car, home, or both? I'll listen for it and keep you updated.

Damien Heiser

RioCar / empeg 12GB Blue Mark 2a SN: 120001043
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Clicking Sound in 1.03 - 06/06/2001 09:47

I'm not getting any clicking sounds at all when I advance tracks.

Are the clicking sounds coming from the speakers, or is it a mechanical sound coming from the hard disk's head mechanism?

If it's the latter, you could be looking at an impending hard disk failure (not software-related). When my hard disk started clicking, it was the five-minute warning prior to complete failure.

Re: Clicking Sound in 1.03 - 06/06/2001 12:01

I noticed the clicking again today while driving in to work. I have it running on my desk here in the office and don't get any clicking. The clicking is from the speakers and is amplified based upon the volume level.

-Kit

Posted by: schofiel

Re: Clicking Sound in 1.03 - 06/06/2001 12:58

Might be time to turn the volume down, then...

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015