Loss of settings

Posted by: tigloo

Loss of settings - 18/10/2001 06:18

Hi,

I have not found this in the current bug list yet. I haven't been able to reliably reproduce this but it happened 3-4 times now in about 30 minutes:

I played with the settings, as dimmer and loudness were set to incorrect values. From time to time, either when restarting the player (or switching sources etc., I don't remember what exactly) the changes were partially lost. The strange thing is that they were not all lost and that the lost settings followed no pattern (i.e. last changed setting or similar).

Did this happen to somebody else as well?

Till

Posted by: rob

Re: Loss of settings - 18/10/2001 07:00

I added this to the lost settings bug, to which it could be relevent.

Posted by: jwickis

Re: Loss of settings - 31/05/2002 17:58

I know this particular post was last year but I just experienced my player upon car bootup displaying the message 'player settings lost' and finding it reset back to default settings. This wass not as awful to me as the message conveyed, reset 12 hour clock format, set EQ back to #3, get back correct visual. no problem. I did want to report that I guess the bug is still alive & well in 2b11. Since in my case my car battery keeps discharging if it's not driven for a couple of days, I think this is related to batt charge. It's a new battery I just haven't gone to the trouble of upgrading the alt. so the heavy amp drains it quick since the car gets only short trips. One of these days I'll fix it.
Posted by: mlord

Re: Loss of settings - 06/06/2002 10:32

Note for Rob: the "player settings lost" message (but not the lost settings) is courtesy of Hijack.
Posted by: papinist

Re: Loss of settings - 14/10/2002 15:46

This evening is happened to me too. I was changing the original lens with a custom one, and with the player without lens I have connected it to the ac power adaptor to see how nice is a 'naked' empeg
At bootup, it says "player settings lost" and it lose all audio settings (but no EQ settings hopefully!), time format, time zone, shuffle and repeat settings, dimmer and playlist position.

I am using v2.0b13 w/HiJack v299.
Posted by: Daria

Re: Loss of settings - 14/10/2002 15:47

Happened to me a few days ago, and I immediately figured out that I had plugged into the wrong AC wart, this one sourced only 500mA, which isn't enough. It exhausted its battery and lost.
Posted by: papinist

Re: Loss of settings - 15/10/2002 14:42

It's not my case, as I have the original AC adaptor...
Posted by: foxtrot_xray

Re: Loss of settings - 29/09/2003 16:55

Hate to bring up an old thread, and I know we're NOT supposed to report bugs for 3.00a3, but it happened to me, just now..

I NEVER, ever saw this message before on my player until now. In my case, I lost everything, as well. (Play;ist, Visual, Info Mode, EQ, etc etc.. ) Put it back to the spot when I upgraded it TO 3.00a3. (Of course, other than that, I personally like 3.00a3... )

I had unplugged my player when it was in the middle of crossfading, in case that may matter..

Me.